MLB: ***Official 2021 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
161 more games, we’re fine. That being said, solid 0-7 start by KB and Javy. You have to respect guys who want to be paid like elite players but haven’t proven in multiple years to be top 10 at their own positions.
If Bryant doesn’t perform this year, I honestly think he may retire. No one is going to want to pay for him.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Javy still can't lay off the outside breaking ball. Good to see that some things never change. It's comforting.

This frustrates the hell out of me. A couple years ago he laid off those pitches, had a his best year at the plate, and got some MVP votes but he is back to swinging at everything again. If I was pitching to him I would throw everything low and away into the dirt and let him go after it because he can't lay off that pitch for some reason. If he learned how to work a count he could really do some damage. His career high for walks in a season is a measly 30.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If Bryant doesn’t perform this year, I honestly think he may retire. No one is going to want to pay for him.

He's 29, some team will give him some kind of deal that will be loaded on the front end with some options and incentives on the back end but I don't see that being anything more than a 3 to 5 year deal if he has another season last his last couple. He needs a change of scenery which is obvious. He's a Boras client so he will get overpaid regardless but he is going to have to stay healthy and productive to muster up the type of deal he and Boras thinks he should get.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It is not a good sign when your "ace" gets pulled after 3 innings on opening day and your pitching staff walks 11 guys to a team that finished 19-41 last season and has been the bottom feeder of the division in recent years.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Im not sure why everyone pisses and moans when we let some of the 2016 roster go. Seems a few years too late.

That being said weather was in the 30’s and it was one game.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Im not sure why everyone pisses and moans when we let some of the 2016 roster go. Seems a few years too late.

must have been warm for the pirates?

Reactions: agentbear

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

That's the problem, they let Schwarber walk for nothing when they could of traded him for some prospects several times. Russell had some trade value too before his scandal. The front office over values players and doesn't make moves the later will regret. Kimbrel will make 18 mil this year to be a worthless relief pitcher too.

I am a big Cubs fan but even I cannot name a prospect in the minors right now that I am excited about the possibility of seeing this season.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
They need to spend the last week or so of spring training in three north. Always seems to shock them when playing in the cold.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
They need to spend the last week or so of spring training in three north. Always seems to shock them when playing in the cold.
We haven't been a good hitting team for a long while

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
If Kimbrel pitches anything close to this all year, that alone will pick up a lot of W's