MLB: ***Official 2021 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
probably a reason the cubs have gone through 16 hitting coaches in the last 5 years.

Starting to think it is not the hitting coaches fault as much as the flawed approach at the plate the hitters have. It is so depressing to see guys swinging at pitches that most elite players in the game would lay off.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Javy needs to fire his agent for not robbing the Cubs of $175 million.

Love 2 years that the story was Lindor, Correa, Baez, and Story all hitting FA at the same time and now Baez isn’t even near the same conversation.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Anyone catch KBs “hit,” in the 5th inning? I can’t believe the impact blew that call so badly.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The Mets had lost a previous challenge on Heyward’s stolen base so they couldn’t challenge that call.
I saw that slide by heyward and it seemed like his hand slid off the bag. But I didn't watch the slow mo or listen to commentary

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
I saw that slide by heyward and it seemed like his hand slid off the bag. But I didn't watch the slow mo or listen to commentary
Slow-mo replay that was shown on Marquee looked like Heyward was off the bag for a split second when switching hands while the tag was still applied. Lucky break as Sogard hit him home later in the at-bat.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Anyone catch KBs “hit,” in the 5th inning? I can’t believe the impact blew that call so badly.

What was KB doing not hitting the bag? It looked so natural I was questioning myself if it was somehow allowed to run over 1st base.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
What was KB doing not hitting the bag? It looked so natural I was questioning myself if it was somehow allowed to run over 1st base.

yeah his step before the bag he acted like he was almost stomping down on the front of the bag to sell it but not making the full stride. I can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone do that before. I’m surprised as hell the ump didn’t catch it either. I’ve upped baseball before and one of the first things they teach you is to listen to the sound of the runner stepping on the bag and the sound of the ball hitting the glove and use those tohelp judge safe or out on close plays

Reactions: Cyientist

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
60 ABs on the year... 1 walk..... 31 Ks. Let those numbers marinate for awhile. He’s been awful.
Javy is a fun player to watch at times, but I'm getting close to thinking they should let all of these core players leave via free-agency. Maybe keep Rizzo, but that is about it.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Javy is a fun player to watch at times, but I'm getting close to thinking they should let all of these core players leave via free-agency. Maybe keep Rizzo, but that is about it.

im not even sure it’s worth it to keep rizzo at this point (minus the sentimental value of him being a lifelong cub).

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron