MLB: ***Official 2021 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hoping that Davis and Hermosillo can hit well enough that Ross and the front office has no choice but to bench or release Heyward so they can get regular playing time. I realize Heyward is a great guy in the clubhouse but there are guys on this roster he is blocking so they either need to come to the realization that if he is going to stay on the roster he is not an everyday OF anymore and let some of the young guys have an opportunity or just eliminate the logjam in the OF and eat his contract by releasing him. I don't see how he can play everyday when they bring Davis up with Happ and Suzuki playing the corners. And I'm also fine with moving on from Happ too if he reverts back to his horribly hitting. He gets hot once in awhile but have yet to see him consistently sustain it yet when he does. If the Happ from post-trade deadline shows up to start the season I'll be happy but if the version of him that hit in April, June, and July that hit .133 .132 and .169 shows up his butt needs to go to the bench again. This is his 6th season now and his career .241 BA leaves a lot to be desired.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron