Misc: ***Official 2020 PGA Tour***

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Don't get butthurt because you thought you knew everything and someone called you out on your crappy prediction. The winning score was nowhere near 20, 19, or 18 under.

Admit you were wrong and move on.

Yeah, I was wrong. I can completely admit that. Regardless of the score that happened this weekend, that wasn't my point. I'm pointing out that you are being a **** because my point about what I like wasn't about the final score of this weekend, it actually indicated what I like to see, so.....

Admit you continue to not understand my point, clearly, and move on.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Finau fired his long time caddie last week and is currently leading the 3M. Will be interesting to see if the caddie change can get him over the hump as he has had 7 runner up finishes last 3 years.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Last warm up before the first major of the year!

2020 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational

All times Eastern; streaming start times approximated

Rounds 1-2 -- Thursday and Friday
Round starts: 12 p.m.
Featured groups: 12-7 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live

Live TV coverage: 2-7 p.m. on Golf Channel
Live stream online: 2-7 p.m. on fuboTV and NBCSports.com

Radio: 1-7 p.m. on PGA Tour Radio

Round 3 -- Saturday
Round starts: 9 a.m.
Featured holes and groups: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live
Early TV coverage: 12-2 p.m. on Golf Channel

Live TV coverage: 2-6 p.m. on CBS
Live simulcast: 2-6 p.m. on CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports App

Radio: 1-6 p.m. on PGA Tour Radio

Round 4 -- Sunday
Round starts: 9 a.m.
Featured holes and groups: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. -- PGA Tour Live
Early TV coverage: 1-3 p.m. on Golf Channel

Live TV coverage: 3-7 p.m. on CBS
Live simulcast: 3-7 p.m. on CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports App

Radio: 2-7 p.m. on PGA Tour Radio

Reactions: isutrevman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Finau fired his long time caddie last week and is currently leading the 3M. Will be interesting to see if the caddie change can get him over the hump as he has had 7 runner up finishes last 3 years.

Hopefully his new caddy can putt for him.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
74 player field still going in threesomes off 1 and 10, interesting.

Maximizing TV?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Maximizing TV?

Definitely trying to maximize TV coverage. Disappointing since I have a PGA Tour Live subscription and I really enjoy watching golf early in the morning on Thursdays and Fridays.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Definitely trying to maximize TV coverage. Disappointing since I have a PGA Tour Live subscription and I really enjoy watching golf early in the morning on Thursdays and Fridays.

Yeah, think first tee times are 11.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Is this an Onion tweet? Give me a break.

I hope so. My opinion of him is really going downhill fast, and it was never very high to begin with.

His insanely slow play, especially on the greens, always ticked me off. Now he's trying to basically cheat the game by getting stupid rulings.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

OMG.... that's even worse than I imagined it would be. Is he singlehandedly trying to ruin the game of golf? I would never want to play with him. That kind of slow play can ruin the game of your playing partner too. He really should have been issued a one stroke penalty at the end of his round for slow play.

And the analysts didn't help the matter. The TV announcers said.... "give him an A for effort".... and the guys after that laughed about it, but basically said you can't blame him for trying to get a drop out of it.

That's total BS IMO, and it's ruining the game. Do the announcers and analysts want to see this game ruined? You know what Jack would say about this..... hit the ball in the fairway and you won't have to worry about poor lies. You should be penalized by not being accurate. Bryson wants to hit it 400 yds, but if he doesn't hit the fairway he wants to whine and try to get a ruling.

Reactions: isutrevman

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
OMG.... that's even worse than I imagined it would be. Is he singlehandedly trying to ruin the game of golf? I would never want to play with him. That kind of slow play can ruin the game of your playing partner too. He really should have been issued a one stroke penalty at the end of his round for slow play.

And the analysts didn't help the matter. The TV announcers said.... "give him an A for effort".... and the guys after that laughed about it, but basically said you can't blame him for trying to get a drop out of it.

That's total BS IMO, and it's ruining the game. Do the announcers and analysts want to see this game ruined? You know what Jack would say about this..... hit the ball in the fairway and you won't have to worry about poor lies. You should be penalized by not being accurate. Bryson wants to hit it 400 yds, but if he doesn't hit the fairway he wants to whine and try to get a ruling.
Geez settle down. Gary Player was pulling the same **** 50 years ago and the game survived.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

Maximizing TV?

There is a chance of rain every day because it’s a billion degrees. No one wants to play golf n Memphis this time of year, but FedEx.

There’s a reason it’s nicknamed the Swamp Ass Invitational

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Geez settle down. Gary Player was pulling the same **** 50 years ago and the game survived.

“Ruining the game” might be a bit harsh, I agree, but assuming Gary Player was pulling the same **** (I have no idea if he was or not), did the whole world know via social media?

The average, weekend hack takes their queues from these guys, like it or not. They see what professionals do as “the way it should be done”. They are WRONG! The pros are not playing the same game 99.9% of the population is playing. People are too dumb to realize that, and imitate instead. The result? 5.5 hour rounds at your local muni.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I realize he’s playing well, but what in the world did Fowler do to deserve being paired with DeChambeau and Rahm? That’s at least level 3 of Dante’s Circles of Hell, isn’t it?

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron