Misc: ***Official 2020 PGA Tour***

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Wasn't specifically referring to this tournament but the winner will be around 20 under it looks like. Maybe 17, 18, or so. My comment was just in general about professional golf and the way I like the courses set up, that's all.

Nobody doing anything big so far, of course these are the players bringing up the rear.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He'a a joke really.

He's a hot head, and doesn't come across as very likable either? I'm not sure other players like him that much?

He was taking FOREVER to play that hole yesterday, and then chooses to argue with an official for another 5 mins about a ball that was obviously out of bounds.

Players have complained about how slow he plays quite a bit. He's always doing all these calculations in his head before putting and it takes a long time.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
He's a hot head, and doesn't come across as very likable either? I'm not sure other players like him that much?

He was taking FOREVER to play that hole yesterday, and then chooses to argue with an official for another 5 mins about a ball that was obviously out of bounds.

Players have complained about how slow he plays quite a bit. He's always doing all these calculations in his head before putting and it takes a long time.

Wait till they outlaw the way he putts. (He can't putt BTW)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Wasn't specifically referring to this tournament but the winner will be around 20 under it looks like. Maybe 17, 18, or so. My comment was just in general about professional golf and the way I like the courses set up, that's all.

Are we talking about the Memorial or the Senior tour tournament this week? This course is firming up big time, par is going to be a good score the next two days.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Are we talking about the Memorial or the Senior tour tournament this week? This course is firming up big time, par is going to be a good score the next two days.

I like how you quote only the one part. I say 17 maybe 18. I guess we will see how the weekend goes. Regardless of the score this weekend I am just talking about tournament scoring in general. Everyone relax, lol.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Sign me up for being a joke then, Bryson is 2nd on tour in earnings this year at $4.5 million in 12 events.

Yea, but Uncle Sam & Auntie Kim are going to take half of it;) Not a bad gig to earn $375k a week to hit a little round ball. Pretty soon golf course architects will design holes to be a series of dog legs with a moat of water around the green.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Sign me up for being a joke then, Bryson is 2nd on tour in earnings this year at $4.5 million in 12 events.

I don’t think that’s what he’s going for. He wants to win majors but won’t because golf is only roughly 50% science but he spends 100% of his time on that aspect.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I don’t think that’s what he’s going for. He wants to win majors but won’t because golf is only roughly 50% science but he spends 100% of his time on that aspect.
The dude is 26 with his best years ahead of him. I think it's early to say he won't win a major.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

And JJ Henry has a career earnings of like $17 million. All these guys are WAY overpaid thanks to Tiger and earnings is probably the worst possible metric to judge golfers

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I loved watching the guys struggle yesterday. I was so glad Jack allowed the greens to dry out, get rock hard, have the rough be penalizing, etc.

He basically said.... "if you guys want to hit it 400 yds, I'm going to penalize you big time if you aren't accurate.". I like that. And some of them didn't like it.

Like Phil (who I love by the way), but why was he laying up on the par 3 16th? I feel like he was kind of mocking the course set up by doing that a bit. He claimed afterwards that he was trying to take a big number out of it, but like the analysts said..... "Phil, you're in 43rd place, what are you trying to salvage?".

He also putt it several times from WAY off the green too, which was not a good strategy because it backfired both times I believe. He was just kind of being silly. But that's Phil I guess.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I loved watching the guys struggle yesterday. I was so glad Jack allowed the greens to dry out, get rock hard, have the rough be penalizing, etc.

He basically said.... "if you guys want to hit it 400 yds, I'm going to penalize you big time if you aren't accurate.". I like that. And some of them didn't like it.

Like Phil (who I love by the way), but why was he laying up on the par 3 16th? I feel like he was kind of mocking the course set up by doing that a bit. He claimed afterwards that he was trying to take a big number out of it, but like the analysts said..... "Phil, you're in 43rd place, what are you trying to salvage?".

He also putt it several times from WAY off the green too, which was not a good strategy because it backfired both times I believe. He was just kind of being silly. But that's Phil I guess.

He’s doing that crap to get this brand activations on TV. Just trying to sell sunglasses and apparently coffee mugs now

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

I did go on, literally, in my comment you quoted, lol. It's like you are just wanting to be a **** or something. Greens firmed up a ton over the weekend, and made it real slick. Didn't know Jack was replacing and redoing a lot of the holes so they late it bake out. I liked what the weekend brought which is what I was saying. And I said regardless of the score this weekend it's what I like. Not hard to understand that my guy.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix

Phil said he wasn't trying to make a statement...I think he's full of it. He was frustrated and let it get to him. Was disappointed he didn't try to stop a putt that was still rolling. That was high comedy.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix

This sounds more like a media take than a fan take. They push the physics aspect on everything but there's no denying the guy has serious talent and he works hard at it.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I did go on, literally, in my comment you quoted, lol. It's like you are just wanting to be a **** or something. Greens firmed up a ton over the weekend, and made it real slick. Didn't know Jack was replacing and redoing a lot of the holes so they late it bake out. I liked what the weekend brought which is what I was saying. And I said regardless of the score this weekend it's what I like. Not hard to understand that my guy.
Don't get butthurt because you thought you knew everything and someone called you out on your crappy prediction. The winning score was nowhere near 20, 19, or 18 under.

Admit you were wrong and move on.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's pretty crazy how similar #12 and #16 at Muirifield, both par 3's, are to #12 and #16 at Augusta. We know how much Jack loved Augusta.