MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
cubs game sponsored by Saint Xavier University....."where success meets purpose".

Can we all say there are plenty of Universities out there? Can we have less of them, not more of them? We are so over-educated, we are whistling Indigo Girls out of our A#$&^es

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
I didn't get to watch much of the game...but I did see Adbert's first pitch. BANG!

Kid recovered nicely.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Something is not right with Montgomery right now. He does not look like the same pitcher he has the past 2+ seasons with the Cubs so don't know if he usage the last 2 years has something to do with that or maybe he's got a nagging injury they aren't talking about

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So on a lighter note, the first time Joe calls Kimbrel from the bullpen for a 4+ out save will he use the right arm dangle instead of the usual "send me the righty" indication he usually uses?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Wonder if the Reds or Pirates end up winning the division? (FWIW, I still think you guys have the best chance.) The Brewer pitching has been atrocious & I don't see any improvements in our starting staff that leads me to believe that the second half of the season will be much better than the last couple of weeks for us. Hope I'm wrong and the Crew and Cubbies both make the playoffs. As of now, it seems like both of our clubs are giving away opportunities to forge ahead in the standings.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Wonder if the Reds or Pirates end up winning the division? (FWIW, I still think you guys have the best chance.) The Brewer pitching has been atrocious & I don't see any improvements in our starting staff that leads me to believe that the second half of the season will be much better than the last couple of weeks for us. Hope I'm wrong and the Crew and Cubbies both make the playoffs. As of now, it seems like both of our clubs are giving away opportunities to forge ahead in the standings.
The division title is a like a hot potato. No one wants to take it and run away with it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron