MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Is it too early to start wonder how long Maddon will last this year? Too soon?
What does he have to work with? It doesn't matter who he puts out there, our bullpen is pathetic

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Good Lord the Cubs have to have the worst bullpen in baseball. They can't even get one freaking out. Ricketts needs to stop the ******** about not having money and sign ******* Kimbrel yesterday.
Kimbrel doesn't fix the other 7 guys and blowing leads in the 8th

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What does he have to work with? It doesn't matter who he puts out there, our bullpen is pathetic

I will always hold a special place in my heart for Joe,

But,

Maybe he needs to put some fire in their asses?

Instead of having campfire sing along bong sessions after every loss.

His way won a world ******* series with the Cubs.....But!!!!!!! How long will that strategy last? Other teams do catch up ya know. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't really know. I'm just frustrated with this crap since August.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Top Gun is showing on Pop channel if anybody is planning on staying up past this crap.....direct Tv Ch 273

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This team will get it together and be just fine.

Just have a nasty feeling we’re going to be hitting early October looking back at this first week and Maddon being let go because the FO has been a failure since the WS and will need a scapegoat.

None of this is on him.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
After our World Series people would say now that you saw the Cubs win a WS, you won’t care about the Cubs as much and be so invested. I initially thought no way, but my interest level has dropped off severely since the WS.

It could be because we aren’t as good anymore, but I just don’t find myself watching 9 innings of every game that I could.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
After our World Series people would say now that you saw the Cubs win a WS, you won’t care about the Cubs as much and be so invested. I initially thought no way, but my interest level has dropped off severely since the WS.

It could be because we aren’t as good anymore, but I just don’t find myself watching 9 innings of every game that I could.
Agree. I’m just glad I got to see a World Series win. I hope the Cubbies still do well and make another run, but I find myself not getting upset as much as I use to.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
When your bullpen is walking people like we are, not good can come from it. It's almost like these guys are trying too hard. I don't know what WTF Cishek was doing last night, but it was brutal to watch. Rosario...boy that was a good outing.....haven't seen much of Brach, but WOOF.

This kind of thing eventually wears on the clubhouse. Even bad bullpens don't blow multi-run leads in 3 out of 5 games.