MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I always find this funny. Cubs suck and this thread blows up. Cubs win two straight with dominating pitching and not a word is spoken.

5000275dcb773.jpeg

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I always find this funny. Cubs suck and this thread blows up. Cubs win two straight with dominating pitching and not a word is spoken.
Birthday dinner last night and got caught up with work today. I'm usually pretty consistent posting win or lose!

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Didn't get the watch either game, but obviously Hammels had a good day today and Quintana last night. Saw in the box Hammels walked no one, Quintana had 1 walk and the bullpen 0????

Me likey.

Reactions: CYdTracked

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Oh c'mon, that start is going to take the wind out of any fan bases sails. I know its baseball and its early, but that was a REALLY f*cking bad start. They stay competitive for a few more games and the fanbase will get excited again. Ebbs and flows, and we started with a big ebb.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Another winnable game left on the table because the bullpen cant throw strikes. I knew the offense would come around with the wind blowing out but out relievers with 7 more walks in 4 innings.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My frustration for yesterday’s game -

The ump missed a clear ball 4 on Zobrist. Ends up striking out and a runner gets caught stealing the next pitch. Instead of two on, no outs, it’s none on, two outs. Rizzo gets walked, Baez doubles. That’s one run that should’ve been 3.

Now, I’m ok if that ump calls that a strike consistently, but I felt for the most part, the ump wasn’t giving the outside corner all day, except for that one pitch.

To boot, a 50/50 call to end the game went against us.

In the end, it was a mixed series of poor calls that went against us.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Let’s see how we fare against the worst team in baseball....

-34 run differential....WOOF

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Even though it's the Marlins, good to get a win. Chance to get some ground back with 9 of our next 12 (counting today) against the Marlins and Diamondbacks and then the other 3 games are at Wrigley against the Dodgers. Go 8-5 and we're at .500 after April and I think anyone would've taken that after the start to the year

Reactions: CycloneDaddy

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Even though it's the Marlins, good to get a win. Chance to get some ground back with 9 of our next 12 (counting today) against the Marlins and Diamondbacks and then the other 3 games are at Wrigley against the Dodgers. Go 8-5 and we're at .500 after April and I think anyone would've taken that after the start to the year

Darvish has improved to serviceable now, and still has the potential to do better than that.
I think we're putting it together. There's a monster run in this team's near future.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Darvish has improved to serviceable now, and still has the potential to do better than that.
I think we're putting it together. There's a monster run in this team's near future.

Feels like today was the first result since opening day to merit some actual optimism. Team win with all phases which has been pretty rare.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Did I hear Pat correctly on the radio.....the attendance last night was like 9K? In that massive billion dollar stadium. Crazy...

They also said most were Cubs fans.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Did I hear Pat correctly on the radio.....the attendance last night was like 9K? In that massive billion dollar stadium. Crazy...

That sounds about right. Marlins attendance was trash even in the seasons when they were actually good. And they're horrid now.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Ya Marlin fans just don't give a **** about that team