***Official 2018 New York Yankees Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And Stanton gets the...........

1*_kY-ORBUvsAOn23OGfcqow.jpeg

Should probably take Didi out for supper at some really nice restaurant. Didi of the two homers and six RBI.

Ex-Twin Mention: Last Yankee SS to hit two homers and six RBI in a game was Roy Smalley

Last edited:

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Any of my fellow cyclones going to the may 4th game and willing to part with the jedi judge bobblehead?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, this does not sound good. Guessing this was not disclosed when the Yanks traded for him. Can't imagine no one knew if he has been dealing with this for years. DL up to eight already only two weeks into the season.

NEW YORK -- The morning after a rough, injury-packed 7-3 loss to the Orioles in 14 innings on Friday night at Yankee Stadium, the Yankees took a big blow to their hot corner. Third baseman Brandon Drury, who exited the game in the sixth inning, informed the club that he's been dealing with migraine-like symptoms beyond just Friday night. In fact, he's been experiencing the problem for years.

Drury said the main cause for the team's concern is his blurry vision. He said he's been dealing with the migraine-like symptoms for quite some time, though he's not certain what triggered it. Up until Friday night, the 25-year-old had been toughing it out. Now, he said, he wants to figure out what's wrong.

"It's baseball," Drury said. "I need to have my eyes be right to play and help this team win games, and I just feel like I haven't even been close to what I'm at physically to play this game and help the team win games."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Statons situational hitting after the first game has been brutal. Striking out 44% of the time through the 1st inning today. Need more from him today with half the starting line injured, sick or sitting out today.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Stanton, woof. 3k day so far.

And finishes the day 0 for 7 with 5 strikeouts and 9 LOB. :eek: Woof is right. Thought he would handle the pressure of playing in NY better than that. It's early but, man, has struck out 20 times in 42 at bats.

• Agree
Reactions: SNEDDS3

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Just here to say I was very excited for this first series of the year, but was not expecting this type of game at all. I was figuring something like 3-1 with Sale pitching.

Last edited:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Just hear to say I was very excited for this first series of the year, but was not expecting this type of game at all. I was figuring something like 3-1 with Sale pitching.
My prediction of the Red Sox winning the AL East looks pretty good unfortunately.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
My prediction of the Red Sox winning the AL East looks pretty good unfortunately.

They've done it the past two years, and I think it will continue this year, too. I think it will be close, but adding JD Martinez to the lineup was what they needed. They don't need to hit for crazy power, but it will help all the hitters around him if he can do what he did in Arizona.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I turned it off after/during the 6th. All around disappointed with the output. Pitching staff and power hitters = underwhelmed

Watched most of the first 8 games. Bailed out in game 9 before extras and bailed tonight after 4. They are currently unwatchable. If they are 10 games out by the All Star I think Boone will get fired.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Watched most of the first 8 games. Bailed out in game 9 before extras and bailed tonight after 4. They are currently unwatchable. If they are 10 games out by the All Star I think Boone will get fired.
I miss the binder

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
As a Bosox fan, I thoroughly loved the game last night. Unlike some of you. I watched the whole game. Point of interest, I named my son Yaz (middle name). I couldn’t get my wife to go full board Sox Nation.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Stanton struck out more last week than Joe D did in the whole 1941 season. LOL

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Looking better tonight. Nice to see Gary turn it around. Long season but yeesh...this start to the year.