NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Regular Season Thread***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The real question is can Toronto beat the cavs in a 7 game series? I don't think so. I think Lebron will lead his team to his 8th straight finals and play The Rockets

I don't think so, although what Toronto has done this year is impressive. The biggest reason for the Raptors improvement this year has been their bench, which has been unbelievably good. But in the playoffs the benefits of a great bench are diminished due to shortened rotations and more minutes for starters. If LeBron is playing 44 minutes a game, there's not a lot of time for your bench to take advantage of a true second unit.

Plus bench guys usually have at least one big flaw in their game and those become exposed in playoff series. LeBron and the Warriors are especially ruthless at going after one guy over and over when they find a weakness. DJ Augustin went from being a solid rotation guy in Indy to somebody who could barely get on the floor when LeBron was in Miami because they put him in pick and rolls pretty much every single time down and just ate him up.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't think so, although what Toronto has done this year is impressive. The biggest reason for the Raptors improvement this year has been their bench, which has been unbelievably good. But in the playoffs the benefits of a great bench are diminished due to shortened rotations and more minutes for starters. If LeBron is playing 44 minutes a game, there's not a lot of time for your bench to take advantage of a true second unit.

That's what I keep coming back to. There's no team in the East field that has a decent answer for Playoffs Lebron. The Celtics could have with a healthy roster - they could have thrown multiple defenders at him who would have at least made him work for it and they have an elite postseason scorer in Kyrie Irving. It looks to me like Lebron is going to drag a flawed roster to the Finals. Again.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Denver beat Minnesota ina really entertaining game last night. The two teams are now tied for the eighth spot in the West with three to play, half a game back of New Orleans for the seven seed, and just one game back of the Thunder and Spurs for the fifth and sixth seed. The kicker - they play each other again in the last game of the regular season in Minnesota. Jimmy Butler was in uniform but didn't play; he should be good to go by then. The playoffs have started early for a few teams.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Denver beat Minnesota ina really entertaining game last night. The two teams are now tied for the eighth spot in the West with three to play, half a game back of New Orleans for the seven seed, and just one game back of the Thunder and Spurs for the fifth and sixth seed. The kicker - they play each other again in the last game of the regular season in Minnesota. Jimmy Butler was in uniform but didn't play; he should be good to go by then. The playoffs have started early for a few teams.

It's a play-in game tonight for them! I don't have lot of confidence in the Nuggs away from Home, but we'll see. The funny thing is that it's not even a play-in game for the 8 seed because I think the loser of the SA-NO game gets the 8.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Also, I don't know if anybody was watching, but a 32-year old career G-Leaguer named Andre Ingram got his first NBA time last night for the Lakers. Made his first 3 and ended up with 19. Pretty cool moment.

• Agree
Reactions: Playboi Carti

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Interesting scramble in east for who ends up 6-8. You actually would want the 7th spot because you get the Celtics who at this point probably can't even make past first round with this roster.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Interesting scramble in east for who ends up 6-8. You actually would want the 7th spot because you get the Celtics who at this point probably can't even make past first round with this roster.

Yeah, I doubt there's ever been a time when the 7 seed is this much better than the 6 or 5. The reward is to play a red-hot Philly or Lebron.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Bucks are completely disfunctional. I think even with the Celtics injuries they would find a way to beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. Decent chance though they play Toronto if the Heat and Wizzards hang on. I have no doubt they either get swept or win 1 in that one.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Looks like Nader got the start tonight and put up 9-8-2 on not great shooting. Played over 38 minutes.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Bucks are completely disfunctional. I think even with the Celtics injuries they would find a way to beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. Decent chance though they play Toronto if the Heat and Wizzards hang on. I have no doubt they either get swept or win 1 in that one.
The bucks are the most disappointing team in the NBA. I had pretty high hopes for them after what they did last year. Only 5 players play 60+ games... that aint good.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The bucks are the most disappointing team in the NBA. I had pretty high hopes for them after what they did last year. Only 5 players play 70+ games... that aint good
There are so many problems going on behind the scenes it is ugly. Locker room toxic, incompetent owners, incompetent coaches. I don’t have any confidence in this organization to turn it around.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
There are so many problems going on behind the scenes it is ugly. Locker room toxic, incompetent owners, incompetent coaches. I don’t have any confidence in this organization to turn it around.
It's a shame because of Giannis is a once in a generation talent. 23 years old and averaging 27 ppg 10 rpg 4.8 apg, just incredible. Hopefully, they do better next year. You would think Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, Giannis, Parker and Henson/Thon is a good core but they all have to stay health.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron