NBA: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
I'm cheering against the Heat, but I've definitely realized that Jordan fans aren't exactly secure in his spot in history.

It upsets me too, and I am a Jordan fan... Why is MJ even brought up in this discussion. First of all I would rather play through the flu or food poisoning than play through a leg cramp. Second of all, who cares?!

The Spurs lit up Miami down the stretch. And overall, San Antonio didn't play a great game. They had way too many turnovers. The way SA was shooting from three was like what Miami has seemed to do down the stretch in the past couple finals with Mike Miller, Shane Battier or Ray Allen. It is just too much. We will have to wait and see if Danny Green is still on fire in game 2 or if he cools off again. Same with Manu. It will be a good series, and tonight was an exciting game.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Fan or not, anybody with half a brain is secure about Jordan's spot in history. Maybe someone comes along who will supplant him as the all-time great but that person hasn't surfaced yet. Sure as hell isn't going to be LeBron no matter how hard his fanboys want it to be

I totally disagree that anyone with half a brain is secure about Jordan's spot in history. The posts above don't seem
to know his spot. If Lebron bailed to play football, would the Heat win 55 games?

You'll win this argument, but it doesn't mean you're right.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I totally disagree that anyone with half a brain is secure about Jordan's spot in history. The posts above don't seem
to know his spot. If Lebron bailed to play football, would the Heat win 55 games?

You'll win this argument, but it doesn't mean you're right.

with the GOAT coach in Spolestra they sure will.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Miami looks like Cleveland 2.0 right now.

W/o Lebron, they can't beat the best teams.

Also, 20+ turnovers and you still win?!

When you shoot 52% from 3 on 25 shots and get to the line twice as many times as your opponent, you can get away with 20 turnovers. (not to mention shooting close to 60% overall)

Once it became clear that the heat in the arena wasn't going to allow the players to play big minutes, the Spurs had a very decided advantage. If Miami can't play the big 3, and especially James, 40+ minutes they're screwed

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Anyone have a summary of first take? I'm sure everyone blamed the hot arena for Miami's loss.

It was a big factor in the game. The Spurs might have still won anyway, but when the best player in the game isn't on the court it changes things.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I just can't hate on LeBron as much since he quit being a huge flopper. We owe Kobe and Stern a tip of the cap, it was beyond obnoxious to see the most physically dominant player in the sports history falling down on purpose all the time, he became an even better player when he dropped that crap. For all I know the guy was in legit pain last night.

I'm cheering for the Spurs, but not much differently than I'd be cheering against any team who had won two straight to be unseated. Duncan has always mildly annoyed me but I respect what they've built and how they develop players.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I rarely ever watch first take, but I DVR'd it today. Looking forward to Skip's Lebron bashing, and they were taping live from SA with a live audience.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Well... Every NBA arena will be a few degrees hotter when the heat come to town next season.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Just saw this on twitter from this morning. Should be a good episode!

-Wx3krBR_normal.jpeg

ESPN First Take (@ESPN_FirstTake)
6/6/14, 9:24 AM
The show just started & @RealSkipBayless going in on @KingJames resulted in the #StephenAFace pic.twitter.com/Ngyo0Eqhcaqhca