*** Official #17 IOWA STATE vs #6 Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Well, Purdy has what 40 yards and ISU is down 7 with the ball to start the second half. We get Young back and ISU has been a 2nd half team.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
From past games being down at half, the staff came out with good adjustments to get back in the game and or win. I think that can/will happen here. Defense is doing enough to win, just a few adjustments on offense and we can take this home. I am still not impressed the the OSU defense. We have just had bad play calls and not so great fundamentals to succeed like we are capable of.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I hope Manning doesn’t abandon the run game. I am a little worried we abandon the run and get extremely unbalanced on offense in the second half.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well, Purdy has what 40 yards and ISU is down 7 with the ball to start the second half. We get Young back and ISU has been a 2nd half team.

I completely forgot we were missing one of our best defenders for the first half. And the D held OSU to 14 without him. Not bad.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
To everybody saying we should have taken a TO there, it wouldn’t have made a difference. Did you see our offense the last few series? We just need to get to the locker room and regroup.
Besides, whenever we take a timeout in those situations it always bites us in the ass. Then we would have been saying we should have just let the clock run out.
Could have put some pressure on the punter and maybe got a safety or a shank punt, at least giving us a chance for a field goal. I know he had missed 2 already, but what the heck!

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I’m not going to stand too hard on that because I don’t remember the play clearly enough, but the only missed tackle I remember on that play was the one that made Chubba put his hand on the ground and turn around.
Two behind scrimmage and one a couple of yards past scrimmage. At least we are only down by 7 right now, so we are lucky.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I don’t doubt we’ll see more aggressive defense 2nd half.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
How many special teams plays are there in a game, 25? How many points to we give up on ST every season? Isn’t that worth having a ST coach?

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I hope Manning doesn’t abandon the run game. I am a little worried we abandon the run and get extremely unbalanced on offense in the second half.
He’s going to have to start calling better pass plays when he does pass or ISU isn’t going to have a chance. These slow developing pass plays and predictable play calling by him has been so infuriating his whole tenure.