*** Official #16 IOWA STATE Vs #15 Purdue Game(Day) Thread ***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's interesting that the mid-range game may be our most potent weapon against Purdue, as I'm guessing that they will try to run us off the three point line and use their bigs to protect the rim. We need to put some real pressure on their guards and turn them over as much as we can to keep the heat off on the inside.

I believe in this team, and I think they will find a way. Go Cyclones!

That bodes well as Monte and Matt are very efficient with the step up 10-15 footer. I'm pretty amped for this.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
It's not the Cyclones first rodeo playing bigs. We took down Baylor and almost beat Gonzaga. Monte and Burton will chop them up. Solomon will punch them in the face.

We got this one. Bowie will answer the phone.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Just one more day at the office, Boilermakers. Do not be waiting around for next week, Boils

Aaron

Jul 9, 2014
I'm happy Swanigan isn't much of a trash talker because I could see a cocky player with his talent dunking on bowie and doing the phone gesture...

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
What's a Boilermaker? How quaint.
aa_depthcharge_final.jpg

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Morris of course has been great but felt a few times like he's been forcing it too much the last few games. Funny thing is that Purdue saw the Nevada game and thinks we turn the ball over a lot :) Just goes to show you truly how under the radar Morris is nationally that he can have a 5.5 to 1 assist to turnover ratio this year and people have no idea.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It's interesting that the mid-range game may be our most potent weapon against Purdue, as I'm guessing that they will try to run us off the three point line and use their bigs to protect the rim. We need to put some real pressure on their guards and turn them over as much as we can to keep the heat off on the inside.

I believe in this team, and I think they will find a way. Go Cyclones!

Which means if Hoiberg were still coach we might have been screwed, since he preaches 3s and layups.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Two days ago all Cy fans were anxious about playing a #12 seed. Today, vs the #4 seed, the posts and anxiety are gone. Time to get nervous!

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Ok I'm nervous but cautiously optimistic.

Here is what I like:
1) We are more athletic.... we give other teams fits.
2) I have got to think that most of the crowd will be wearing red. Our boys feed off that.
3) We are playing at a high level and never appear to be nervous.
4) 1st game out of the way, jitters gone.

What I am nervous about:
1) Playing a top dog in another (albeit down year) Power 5 conference.
2) Can we deal with Swanigan?
3) Can we stay out of foul trouble?.... bench will need to be ready
4) Can our boys keep thoughts of KC on the back burner until about 11:00pm tonight?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Two days ago all Cy fans were anxious about playing a #12 seed. Today, vs the #4 seed, the posts and anxiety are gone. Time to get nervous!

I think everyone was afraid of a "bad loss" to end the season (though Nevada would not have been that- just disappointing). In this one, we have to overcome a very serious mismatch so there's no shame in losing. To me, if we play well and can find a way to push the pace, we win. If we don't, it was a hell of a year (though I guarantee that the team has much higher expectations).

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy