*** Official #14 IOWA STATE vs #2 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Would have been nice to have Kunc today. Hopefully he's available soon.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
Man, that play toward the very very end where Kansas needed to get a shot off, the ball was ping-ponging around, then on the floor, then out to Wilson...

I watched it all in such slow, serene fashion. I felt like the great wizard Merlin, looking at how the future would unfold. Was there any doubt that somehow, some way, the ball would end up bouncing to a KU player and that he would make it right as the shot clock expired? My superpower appears to be "knowing when the nut kick is coming". I'd assume many Cyclones share this power!

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: qwerty and CYDJ

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018
Did anyone else notice the yellow wrap on lipsey’s hand at the end? Hope it’s nothing too bad, would be killer to lose him for any length of time.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They got normal home team calls. Probably in the top 10% of Ku games in terms of officiating, nothing too crazy.

If game in Ames is officiated same way we can crush them.

Right. This is the series of the god damned dead ball 3. It's the series of the block. It's the series where some guy not even near the foul got called for the foul instead of a good player fouler out. It's the series of the goal tend and Grill's 3 pointer.

It was normal garbage officiating today. Not the criminal officiating that can still make my blood boil 20 years later.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I was very pleased with the little twist Shon put on with the pull up layup. That could loosen things up for the team if he can be a threat from 8' like that.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
King played outstanding defense. Jones was Jones, someone who will be a zero when he struggles. If Kunc plays Watson, who gave us great minutes, plays less.

Bigger issue was Shoon being in foul trouble. This game shows why he needs to play 30 minutes whenever fouls allow. We are so much better with him on the floor than Jones.
his 3rd foul was questionable, of the very cheap variety.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I didn't see it today. Threw my hands up a couple times but didn't feel stripes swung anything.

The plays KU thought they got screwed they were just ill informed on
Agree. I have zero issues with the officiating. Not happy with a couple calls but overall I thought they did a nice job. Total fouls were 16-12 and I think in the second half it was 5-3. Hate to lose but I really enjoyed watching that game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It pains me to think what a win today would have done for us. Having won on the road at OU, TCU, and KU.... holy s**t would we have been in the drivers seat!

Reactions: davegilbertson

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Two things can be true at the same time:

We absolutely could have won if we didn't make several key mistakes.

We also would have been pretty damn likely to win if the refs didn't swallow their whistles for the final 14 minutes of the game for KU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron