*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs #17 Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I never noticed this while watching. If you listen closely it sounds like Texas fired the cannon after the last missed FG thinking it was good.

"Remember when Sam Ehlinger declared that Texas was back? Well they aren’t." :D

Reactions: CycloneVet

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I never noticed this while watching. If you listen closely it sounds like Texas fired the cannon after the last missed FG thinking it was good.

Not that it matters but I saw on Twitter they always fire the cannon when the clock hits zero and the game is over. But if it makes Texas look stupid, I’m all for making fun of them.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I read back through part of this thread during the game and you can see how tense and emotional we all were (me definitely included). We wanted this SO bad and I’m glad we had this staff and these players yesterday. Parts were frustrating (3-man rush, some of Manning’s play calling) but there is a reason they are where they are and we are where we are.

I’m so ******* glad we pulled that out.

Reactions: GTO and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Honest question. Watching the final longhorn drive, at least twice, I see the Texas OL guys pulling our guys down and laying on top of our defenders as they got close to the QB. Shouldn’t have those been called offensive holding?
Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

• Haha
Reactions: atlantacyclone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I read back through part of this thread during the game and you can see how tense and emotional we all were (me definitely included). We wanted this SO bad and I’m glad we had this staff and these players yesterday. Parts were frustrating (3-man rush, some of Manning’s play calling) but there is a reason they are where they are and we are where we are.

I’m so ******* glad we pulled that out.
I’m a Manning fan, but having Kene in and giving it to him on that crucial 3rd and 1 where he got blown up and lost two yards, while you have the nations best running back just sitting on the sidelines infuriated me.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
We need a day, or so to absorb the magnitude of this huge win. I really want to beat WVA a week from today - probably as much as winning in Dallas, but with more significance for conf standings. CMC won't let the team have an emotional letdown and I hope the fans don't either

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m a Manning fan, but having Kene in and giving it to him on that crucial 3rd and 1 where he got blown up and lost two yards, while you have the nations best running back just sitting on the sidelines infuriated me.
Feels to give you an agree, pants.... but l love everyone today.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

I hear what you are saying but I’m not sure Breece gets out of that either. Their guy made a play. Our lineman got beat badly.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ271 and bosco

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hear what you are saying but I’m not sure Breece gets out of that either. Their guy made a play. Our lineman got beat badly.

I said earlier in the thread that either one racing to the sidelines there likely had a better chance for a yard. The edge seemed to be there for much of the game and both are good at the cut up and fight for a yard type of run in space.

Reactions: CycloneVet

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I said earlier in the thread that either one racing to the sidelines there likely had a better chance for a yard. The edge seemed to be there for much of the game and both are good at the cut up and fight for a yard type of run in space.

Agree. Maybe a power look with a TE offset in the backfield, toss to the opposite side. Oh well, ended up with the win.