*** Official #12 IOWA STATE vs Missouri Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They are a resilient bunch. Time to get ready to punch TT in the mouth. It will be tough.

This group tends to not play with a conscious if things don't go well and that will need to be the case between now and Monday. Tech is still looking for a first conference win and will have confidence after today.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
To conclude, you got to tip your cap to Missouri who literally looked like a caliber team as a Baylor from the opening jump. They literally kicked our ass!

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
We have to learn how to pull out of the high corner traps when the other team is talented enough to pull off incredible passes and are shooting out of their ******* assess.

That is what killed us at both Iowa and Missouri. After you give them some open looks and they make them, they gain confidence and you have to shut that down quickly or it will get out of control.

Not disagreeing, but not many teams can pull off those passes AND shoot like MU did today.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Elation mid-week to pathetic on the weekends is the trend emerging lately with this team.

Having to play on the road 4 saturdays in a row will do that. The road is never easy, we played 3 good games to start off and have had 2 bad games with grill out.

Reactions: exCYtable

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Jones puts himself in position to score or grab a loose ball, but then his extremely poor hands result in a wild shot or a missed opportunity. I liked his energy early in the season, but it's clear he's outmatched against P6 competition. His role going forward should be limited... focused on defense and rebounds. No need for him to post up anymore.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Two adjustments that might help..

Play Jones less and...
give Lipsey the green light.

It's starting to be 5-4 when they sag off Lipsey.......and with Jones out there at the same time it's basically 5-3.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Glad nobody got hurt, he played gabe and Holmes way too many minutes, but whatever, just glad to get out of there and get back to it

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
He's definitely getting too many minutes. Go smaller with ward and king. Rob needs to be pretty much removed from the rotation at this point. It's like clockwork every time he touches the ball it's a turnover, whether it be getting his pocket picked, a pass bouncing off his hands, or a missed layup.
That is simply not true. He does not have a turnover EVERY TIME he touches the ball. He sometimes gets a put back, sometimes he gets a rebound and secures it., It's just his bad / good play ratio is higher than almost everyone else in the conference that plays significant minutes.

I am guessing there is a reason why he plays. I'm just hoping that the coaching staff can figure an alternative within the next couple weeks with Jaz coming back.

BRE is good for some things, but he can't be THE big on the floor for too long.

It's amazing how well our teams avoided passing the ball into Conditt for 4 years, I have to believe that there is a strategy to feeding BRE. I just don't see what it is right now.

Reactions: StLouisClone

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Ouch. That is a real shame with WVU, OU and Tech all showing out the conference great, and we decide to **** the bed.

I bet we don't drop more than 2 spots on NET, but that may have cost us a seeding line if we don't balance it out with a nice upset.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Define "trend" please.

It's like a week or two old and apparently defines the rest of the season.

Maybe the team should have just met most preseason expectations early then put it together enough to make the tourney so CFers could be excited instead of leaning on wins/losses for their well being.