Oculus 2 - Anyone Have Experience With One?

Legothug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2007
I have Star Wars Squadrons on Steam on the PC and nothing needs to get loaded onto the headset. If I play it through Virtual Desktop wirelessly, you basically have a giant copy of your desktop in front of you, and then you just choose launch the game in VR from Steam. If you use the cable to connect into the PC, then the Quest jumps into the Oculus home area (similar to the Quest home but different and with a different dashboard), you can then choose to launch into a game from Steam VR from there.

When you’re hardwired and connected through steam, do you still have to utilize a Facebook profile? I’ve been tempted by the quest for its multi-functionality and price of entry to vr, but the Facebook requirement still bothers me.

Reactions: cyfanatic

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
When you’re hardwired and connected through steam, do you still have to utilize a Facebook profile? I’ve been tempted by the quest for its multi-functionality and price of entry to vr, but the Facebook requirement still bothers me.

I think so, you have to have one to even set up the quest in the first place. Definitely not a big fan of that, but I suppose you could just make a dummy Facebook account to use for it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron