October Weather Sucks Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
September (aka Wetember) sucked so I am expecting it to rain most of Wetober to. Need a thread for this.

giphy.gif

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I'm gonna do this in hopes it scares it away but it looks as if next Thursday evening/night will bring our first chance at snow for the season. Just for reference the first snow last year was on 10/14.

USA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_195.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm gonna do this in hopes it scares it away but it looks as if next Thursday evening/night will bring our first chance at snow for the season. Just for reference the first snow last year was on 10/14.

USA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_195.gif

Can't see the image but really really really don't want another Halloween 1991 blizzard thingie. Would like to continue using just prior to Thanksgiving as the change to snow tires and put the convertible in hibernation date. Although the convertible has been napping most of the year anyway so what's the difference?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Can't see the image but really really really don't want another Halloween 1991 blizzard thingie. Would like to continue using just prior to Thanksgiving as the change to snow tires and put the convertible in hibernation date. Although the convertible has been napping most of the year anyway so what's the difference?
That was a fun one! We had 32 inches snow and 2+" of ice in Saint Croix Falls and... upload_2019-10-3_13-46-32.jpeg

Images of my kids Trick-or-Treating in deep snow are around here somewhere.

Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That was a fun one! We had 32 inches snow and 2+" of ice snow in Saint Croix Falls and... View attachment 67319

I've heard these stories before because EVERYONE in MSP brings this up EVERY SINGLE YEAR. If it's even marginally cold, you'll hear all the people talk about the 1991 blizzard.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I've heard these stories before because EVERYONE in MSP brings this up EVERY SINGLE YEAR. If it's even marginally cold, you'll hear all the people talk about the 1991 blizzard.

When I was up there it was the Armistice Day blizzard everybody would talk about. Left Minnesota before ‘91 though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And you're only a couple of hours from some decent snow at Big Bear and that ski mornings beach evenings life.

Once in May during my Chicago commute it rained every day for 17 night time commutes in a row. Specifically between the hours of 5:30-6:30 during my weekday drive or bus/train for 17 straight days just in that one hour time frame. Most days it would be fine all day and start raining around 4 or 5 pm. Honestly, it may have broken me to move away dealing with that after a typical winter.

I thought I'd be surfing all the time out here and I do like that, but turns out I'm more into backpacking in the mountains and rock climbing. I'm decent at climbing and 4 years in I still kind of suck at surfing.

Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When it's supposed to only be a 55% chance for rain around game time (compared to the rest of the morning):

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That was a fun one! We had 32 inches snow and 2+" of ice snow in Saint Croix Falls and... View attachment 67319

We got hit pretty hard in NW IA that Halloween as well. Trick or treating was cancelled so I went over to my buddies house and his mom turned us loose on the candy bowl while we played Nintendo all day.