Obscure Christmas Music

cornclone

Sep 8, 2012
Not completely a Christmas song, but the real events described in the song happened on and were inspired by Christmas. Belleau Wood is a bit of a misnomer, as the batlle of Belleau Wood did not occur until about 3.5 years after the events described in the song.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014

Brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. Shows the sheer senselessness of the Great War, all wars....

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
For when you need to get off your a$$ after eating 18 pounds of food... an Aussie Christmas song: "100 Degrees" from Kylie and Dannii Minogue. A lot of people here will probably hate it, but I don't really care. It's a fun song. :p

Reactions: GTO and Angie

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
On our way home from church Christmas Eve we were listening to 104.1 out of DSM that plays Christmas music all month. We heard "Christmas in Iowa" by Mullberry Lane (a group of sisters out of Omaha). I know I had heard it before, but hubby had never heard of it. It is a little campy. And looking info up today, it looks like they also did a Christmas in Nebraska and Christmas in Wisconsin. The Christmas in Iowa song has been out about 9yrs.

Reactions: Angie