Now we know why Iowa got destroyed in the Rose Bowl

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This year the Big 10 goes to a 9 game schedule last year it was 8. With Michigan, MSU and OSU in the other division at most we would have only been able to play 2 of them. This year we drop IU and Maryland and pick up Rutgers, Michigan and Penn State. Next year we drop Michigan and Rutgers and pick up MSU, OSU and keep PSU. Not sure anyone will be complaining about Iowa's schedule then now will they?

As far as Tebow goes I thought he would have made a better TE or DE than a QB but I don't care as much about pro football.

...not complaining about Iowa's schedule, as I don't complain about ISU's schedule. Iowa was a decent team last year and won games. A decent team still wins anywhere from 7-9 games vs. ISU's schedule. Some fans get a bit carried away about that part for ISU; getting 60+ hung up by a marginal team like Texas Tech is a far bigger issue than the schedule. I'd just like to see ISU have a consistently decent football team...similar to how Iowa fans are used to seeing a decent team about every year, with a few pretty good teams throughout the 80's and the Ferentz era.

All I'm reading above is that Iowa plays MSU, Michigan, or Ohio State every now and then, but never in the same season (Rutgers isn't a 'pick up'). Those are the best teams in the Big Ten. If Iowa were to play them within a month or two of each other, they likely drop at least two. IIRC Iowa seems to have Michigan's number, or maybe they just beat Michigan when they're not that good.

The Tebow thing was tongue in cheek but I think I got my answer.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
As long as Iowa's in the Big Ten they will always have an easy schedule
Big TwelveerrTen is highly overrated and AL is also. Let me know when your "stud" receiver actually does something against Iowa on the field-instead of his

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Big TwelveerrTen is highly overrated and AL is also. Let me know when your "stud" receiver actually does something against Iowa on the field-instead of his

AL and the rest of the team and coaches don't care about the Iowa game, we focus on conference games

crashdavis

Aug 5, 2016
Twins - back to that Super Bowl again? I will say again, either you are blind or deaf or you really do not live in Ankeny if you believe it is not ISU's Super Bowl. And obviously you have not golfed with 2 former ISU wideouts who confirm without hesitation it is ISU's most important game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Twins - back to that Super Bowl again? I will say again, either you are blind or deaf or you really do not live in Ankeny if you believe it is not ISU's Super Bowl. And obviously you have not golfed with 2 former ISU wideouts who confirm without hesitation it is ISU's most important game.

I played tennis with 2 former Iowa DB's who confirm without hesitation it's KF's most important game

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
AL and the rest of the team and coaches don't care about the Iowa game, we focus on conference games
I'll be the contrarian in this thread and say that it's very likely that both teams care about all games equally, as losing any game sucks no matter which game it is.

Please now, everyone begin tell me why that is an absurd idea and absolutely not possible.

crashdavis

Aug 5, 2016
KC - I have my moments You did accuse me of basically fracturing the English language with my apparent habit of using dangling modifiers and incongruent possessive pronouns with verb agreement. I'll do better. Now, back to the subject. Iowa got spanked in the Rose Bowl and it had nothing to do with the MSU game period. Hopefully Iowa can redeem itself this year. KC - let me know when I make your list!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
KC - I have my moments You did accuse me of basically fracturing the English language with my apparent habit of using dangling modifiers and incongruent possessive pronouns with verb agreement. I'll do better. Now, back to the subject. Iowa got spanked in the Rose Bowl and it had nothing to do with the MSU game period. Hopefully Iowa can redeem itself this year. KC - let me know when I make your list!

Hey, you have always avoided the dangling sentence unlike some of your fellow Hawks, but maybe Velo is correct and we got a mid-post ban.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Let's be honest, man - the wording in some of your posts resembles assembly instructions for a Chinese toy translated into English by a Ukrainian using a Farsi-to-French dictionary.
If I read it several times and STILL can't figure out what the person said...I ask for a translation. :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron