Now I'm pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
I haven't been on campus since Wednesday - are people trying to clean them up? Does it seem odd that they're there during the school week? I would think NU students have class today?
or perhaps it is a group of ISU students that are NU fans? my friend's husband went to ISU, but was from Lincoln--not that he would do anything remotely close to this, but stilll.

it's just chalk, right? water should do the trick.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Good points, Amy, ISUFan, and iowast8fan. Whoever it was... hopefully our team saw it when walking to class, and it got them as fired up as it did everyone who saw it!!!!

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
Good points, Amy, ISUFan, and iowast8fan. Whoever it was... hopefully our team saw it when walking to class, and it got them as fired up as it did everyone who saw it!!!!
i don't care what gets them fired up...just as long as it comes out on the field tomorrow night...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I am more mad at the Muddy River Shootout thread. I think it's annoying that it has nothing to do with Iowa State yet it's allowed to spew on this website. Take out a my SPace page if you want to grab ***.

A bit testy are we? Feeling left out? *pout* Did they not include you?

Oh...how dare they!

:rolleyes5cz:

Really...if you don't like the thread...don't read it. It's not taking up the entire page, isn't sucking every bit of bandwidth out of CF, surely not causing the Cyclone offense to go dormant for quarters at a time and definitely not the cause of our horrific pass defense that makes the likes of "Rocky-n-Bullwinkle" appear as the leading Heisman candidate.

So loosen the skirt, un-bunch the panties a bit and have some fun. Or not…really doesn’t matter.

But if you have an issues with someone and their threads – be a man – take it up with him/her/them in the thread you’re so upset with. Not slink off like a coward and take blind shots in other threads.

Or, you could just try a novel idea…ignore it!

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
If you have a problem with it, you could direct it at us. I've already made sure it was okay with Jeremy. There's nothing at all about "grab[bing] ***" on there. Posts are posts, which equals numbers.

We play Nebraska Saturday, OU the next saturday, and basketball recruiting is in full swing. I don't address it with you because I don't want another pissing match. Posts are posts, and I am not sure why you want numbers of posts.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We play Nebraska Saturday, OU the next saturday, and basketball recruiting is in full swing. I don't address it with you because I don't want another pissing match. Posts are posts, and I am not sure why you want numbers of posts.

If you don't address it with us, then don't address it at all - I don't want a pissing match at all, I just think it's kind of a crappy way to go about it. Every person on the thread posts plenty of other items, too. Ooh - and many donate to the site.

I don't need numbers of posts - the site does. The more posts the site gets, the better the numbers of visits, the more power behind it.

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
actually the better the content of the site the more people will come to see it thus more power.

If you truely want more people, quit posting about stupid crap and post about Iowa State. That would make more sense to me. O.K. I am done with this topic. No more pissing.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
actually the better the content of the site the more people will come to see it thus more power.

If you truely want more people, quit posting about stupid crap and post about Iowa State. That would make more sense to me. O.K. I am done with this topic. No more pissing.

This just in...

A. Your post here was not even on the actual topic. So you did the very thing you bashed other posters for doing. Pot...meet Kettle.

B. Your post here did nothing to "better the content" of this site. So if you are so concerned about content...show it.

C. Some people come to message boards not only to talk sports, but to make online friends who enjoy some fun banter. Some do not. That's why there are more than just one thread going at any given time.

D. This site was designed to be far different from any other sports message boards. It's catered to the members and in many respects, "run" by the members. If you've got something you'd like to see differently, make it known. But do so in a respectful manner. Otherwise your opinion "won't matter" and you'll receive very little respect in return.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Again - we do post about ISU. And, again, like ISUFan said... Have some fun with your sports. The whole point of this site is that it's entertainment. If you don't like something, pony up the money and change it.

--Let me edit myself: just go read ISUFan's post. He said it 1000x better than I did. And having a thread away from all of the pissing matches and negative posts all of the time is perhaps the point.

Last edited:

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
I guess I must be a little older than most of you. Sorry I rained on you parade. I come on this site to talk ISU athletics. So sorry if I pissed you guys off.

P.S. Did anyone watch Gray's Anatomy this week. It was great.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
(Do you feel sufficiently like you've had the last word now?)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I guess I must be a little older than most of you. Sorry I rained on you parade. I come on this site to talk ISU athletics. So sorry if I pissed you guys off.

I thought you were done?

Adding a bit of "I am older, etc etc" now I see. Are we supposed to rub out your corns for you? Find your AARP card maybe?

*grin*

In all seriousness now, if you came to this site with a bit more of an open mind, I assure you'd enjoy it a lot more.

It was, as always. Although I'm starting to see some of those cheesy lessons shine through. Like when the brain patient was having troubles and his wife was strugling to help...Christina just "suddenly" decided to come around at the end and help Burk out. There was the pain lesson too. But...that happens in most shows. I can deal with it.

I soooooooooooooooo need to get to know George's girlfriend. She's a naughty, naught freak and so damn sexy. Yeah, she's not Izzie - the model type. But I've had a thing for her from Day #1.

My wife will make room for her in our bed, I just know it. :)

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR

Chortle. Snicker. Guffaw. I saw it, and it was AWESOME! I wish there were more shows about doctors and lawyers and their interesting lives on TV. It would fill the hole in my empty life.

Did that post make this site better?

colocy

Apr 11, 2006
Just ignore them Cyclonedrew, they go on there little story time where they talk like they're in the Middle Ages, or in Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. It get's pretty annoying and makes us look like clowns, but I've learned to just ignore them. The unfortunate problem with it is most of them are moderators so they have all the power.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just ignore them Cyclonedrew, they go on there little story time where they talk like they're in the Middle Ages, or in Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. It get's pretty annoying and makes us look like clowns, but I've learned to just ignore them. The unfortunate problem with it is most of them are moderators so they have all the power.

Interesting, Colocy... Just went and took a peek at your posts. Not a lot of substance there. Talking about Bible Beaters and taking pot shots at people? Maybe the threads are to avoid negativity every two posts about how Mac sucks, ISU sucks, etc., and to have a little fun. Oh - and try donating if you want some power.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly, everybody take a step back here. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. Probably contrary to popular belief, if I see a thread getting taken over by non-ISU stuff or repetetive mac hate threads, I just don't read them. I understand the car accident mentality of not being able to keep it away, but if what is being discussed on the site bores you, start a new thread. I was wanting a bit more ISU talk this week so I started the "what play would you like to see run" thread.

Be creative, think something up, and help the site be better. But seriously... and I'm dead serious here... Don't watch Grey's Anatomy. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.