Novak Djokovic - Best Tennis Player Ever?

In 5 years time, who will have the most MAJOR Championships in Tennis history?

• Rafael Nadal (35 years old - 20 Major Titles total now)

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Novak Djokovic (34 years old - 19 Major Titles total now)

Votes: 50 69.4%
  • Roger Federer (39 years old - 20 Major Titles total now)

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
You gotta believe Sebastian Korda wants to succeed in Tennis and win a Grand Slam like his sister in Golf. Both Sisters are pretty good on the LPGA!

Reactions: isutrevman

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Watching Serena go out like that today was really sad. I honestly thought she'd get this one. Speaking of though, I think she belongs in this conversation for Tennis GOAT. She didn't have a true rival like the guys did, but she does have the most slams of the Open Era. Really wish she could have mixed it up with this current talented young crop of women when she was in her prime.

Completely AGREE!

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Gets the win.

Looks like we may finally have an American male that could be major factor in the near future.
Very promising. He's got everything a top player would need. Could maybe pick up a little pace on his serve, but that's pretty common for a 20 year old. Very good backhand and forehand and actually looks comfortable around the net unlike a lot of top 50 players. He also moves well and appears to be very composed.

What a family the Korda's are. 2 top 20 golfers in the world, a top 50 tennis player and two pro tennis parents. His dad won the 1998 Australian Open.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Gets the win.

Looks like we may finally have an American male that could be major factor in the near future.
Hopefully. You just never know who will take that next step. Donald Young was going to be the next great American at one point. Korda is about to pass his highest career ranking already, though. He does seem different and knows what it takes to get to the top.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Roger seems to be in trouble right now...hope he can get it turned around quickly!

His day could be a lot easier if he can pull this second set tie-breaker out! But things aren't going his way at the moment!

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I'm just going to say, go Shapovalov! #10 ranked, and a Canadian. He really has a strong game. Up 3-2 (got an early break) on Djokovic in the opening set in the Semifinal at Wimbledon now.

On ESPN.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm just going to say, go Shapovalov! #10 ranked, and a Canadian. He really has a strong game. Up 3-2 (got an early break) on Djokovic in the opening set in the Semifinal at Wimbledon now.

On ESPN.

That would be an exciting development and he is starting out strong! It would make for an odd Sunday final though!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
That would be an exciting development and he is starting out strong! It would make for an odd Sunday final though!

He just toyed with Murray in their match last week. Smoked him.

I believe he made the semi-final at the US Open last year too Definitely a young-gun on tour.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
He just toyed with Murray in their match last week. Smoked him.

I believe he made the semi-final at the US Open last year too Definitely a young-gun on tour.

Agree with that! We need some young strong players to watch on both the men's and women's side! Shapovalov is fun to watch and seems confident enough to stand in there and play with Djokovic. But then again I thought that about Tsitsipas and he went out in round 1 in this tournament!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I feel this tie-breaker is huge...I fear that Djokovic wins he is going to win in straight sets...if Shapovalov wins...well, maybe he could pull it out?!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Yep...just feels like Shap has no chance now! Djokovic is my #3 of the big 3 so I am not a huge fanboy...but he is just too good not to win when he "struggles" in a set and still wins it!

At least Shapo is serving first. Let's see how much mettle he has here in the 2nd.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic