Notebook: Why Lucious is on of the Big 12's best, Babb should thank Bubu

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The times he has, he has corrected it where he may try and slip a second one in there like he was early in the season," said Hoigerg. "He is a heck of a player."

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I know Lucious gets some flack from some people, but he's a good player. We'd have a few less W's without him, I think.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I know Lucious gets some flack from some people, but he's a good player. We'd have a few less W's without him, I think.

He's turned a huge corner since the Tech game, we're not the same team when he's not on the floor. He has done a great job of knowing when to take his shots and when to defer. He may not have huge numbers but he's a difference maker, I think his experience will be even more crucial as the games get more important.

It also seems like he's become one of the vocal leaders on the team, at Texas he was talking to everyone trying to keep their heads up.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
KL is very inventive. He can pass many ways, he can shoot the three from many positions, and he can drive. He is fairly fast.He seems to be stronger than his actual weight. He is looking good. Looks like he is overall better than CA.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
He's turned a huge corner since the Tech game, we're not the same team when he's not on the floor. He has done a great job of knowing when to take his shots and when to defer. He may not have huge numbers but he's a difference maker, I think his experience will be even more crucial as the games get more important.

It also seems like he's become one of the vocal leaders on the team, at Texas he was talking to everyone trying to keep their heads up.

Same time that Bubu came back. Coincidence?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Hard to believe he is the same player as the one that started the year at times. Although that has obviously showed up a few more times in conference play, but for the vast majority of time in conference he has been great. Really fantastic.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Lucious still gets a ridiculous amount of criticism on these boards. I think people hold him to a crazy standard, personally. All point guards turn it over, and Lucious has done it fewer than most (especially since Big 12 play) yet some still aren't pleased with his play.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Lucious still gets a ridiculous amount of criticism on these boards. I think people hold him to a crazy standard, personally. All point guards turn it over, and Lucious has done it fewer than most (especially since Big 12 play) yet some still aren't pleased with his play.

I think people are displeased because when he plays bad, he plays really bad and it almost always leads to a loss. I think people just hope for more consistency. Also, when he does have a bad game his body language tends to get poor and his bad decisions compound on themselves.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I wish the guy that sits behind me at Hilton would read this. He is always bagging on KL the entire game. Its like he only comes to the game to complain about him. Everything that goes wrong is somehow Korie's fault. He is never happy when we do well. I can't even imagine what he's like to be around during road games if he ******* that much at Hilton where we haven't lost all year.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

He deserved the criticism on TOs earlier in the year, but Lucious has been fantastic in B12 play. I wasn't happy with our studs in the K-State game when Clyburn, Ejim, and Lucious combined for 14 TOs, but on the whole the team has been great in almost every part of offense in B12 play.

If I had known Lucious would play like this I would have thought for sure ISU would be Top 3 in the Big 12.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Lucious embodies what Fred is. Cool, Calm, Collected. His progress has been fun to watch. Sad we only have him on the court for 1 year in Ames, but happy we got him at all. I feel for Okoro and can't imagine what my school years in college would have been like losing my loved ones. He has a bright future and I hope he sticks it out! I get the feeling he is already a crowd favorite

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I think Bubu giving him a blow has been crucial for KL, keeps him nice and fresh.

Bubu on the road is scary. Came in the Texas game and we struggled to take any lead. Left the floor and we go up by 8. Returns at the very end and Texas hits a 3-pointer to send into OT. Comes in at the end in OT and Texas wins

It's a wash. The team sputters most of the time on the road when Bubububu goes in