Not With Team

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
He was tweeting to the team though. I'm sure he just isn't playing yet because he wasn't at training.

A lot like Ejim not starting for going to pregame late a couple years ago.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Royce has ALWAYS maintained basketball wasn't his final dream but it was a means to an end... Love the guy, but wonder if Rockets did their homework on this one.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm not sure this is going to end well.

??? There was an article that had quotes from McHale saying Royce was not in good shape and was behind everyone in the play book. The conditioning needs work before he can play alot so it's a smart move by the rockets.

Jeffreyisu

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Ugh. Not to be insensitive, but if this NBA deal doesn't work out(which I really hope it does) it really sucks that RW left early, he could have stayed in Ames another year where he felt comfortable and won a Big 12 Championship.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I'd be concerned when he steps on the floor and plays poorly (or doesn't get to step on the floor at all)

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
1. He missed training camp, and is now working on conditioning because that made him behind on conditioning.
2. Royce White is cashing checks for millions of dollars because he left this year. Not succeeding immediately in the NBA does not make leaving early the wrong decision.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
He didn't play again tonight. McHale said Royce was not up to speed with the rest of the team. I'm afraid his training camp holdout may cost him minutes and a rotation spot.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The only thing more worthless than preseason NFL is preseason NBA.

He'll be fine. He missed a week of training camp so he's a week behind, hints why he missed both exhibition games this week. Next week he should be on a more level playing field and all caught up. The guy has star potential and Houston knows they got a talent steal at #16 in the draft with RW.

It's October 12th...no time for panic.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
??? There was an article that had quotes from McHale saying Royce was not in good shape and was behind everyone in the play book. The conditioning needs work before he can play alot so it's a smart move by the rockets.

I guess I'd be curious in how RW has been spending his time leading up to his multi-million dollar a year job. How could you NOT be conditioned when that is your ONLY job?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Basically they left him behind ebcause he didnt know their plays yet. He will be fine.

Seriously, does the NBA run set offensive plays?

How hard is it to get the game down? Frequently a trade is made and the following night the new player is inserted in the starting line up.

Royce is just not ready for the grind of NBA schedule. I wish him all the best.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron