Not surprising, Art finds a job ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Art should never coach again, IMHO. That said, the power of social media is a bit overwhelming these days. I hope it doesn't replace the justice system.

Criminal justice is the system of practices and institutions of governments directed at upholding social control, deterring and mitigating crime, or sanctioning those who violate laws with criminal penalties and rehabilitation efforts. Criminal justice is also a field of study. Those accused of crime have some protections against abuse of investigatory and prosecution powers.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
We can only hope you are correct.

I mean, Dave Freaking Bliss is still getting jobs, so it's safe to say that Art will get another chance. He just needs to lay low for a few years first, but I'm not sure his ego will allow it.

Reactions: xr4ticlone

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Until I see actual evidence against him and not innuendo and a BOR led smear campaign I will continue to believe that Art was scapegoated by a Board that knew they had been covering up this stuff for decades and needed a big name to take the fall.

As a Texas High School Football Coach for the last 30+ years I have gone against him, learned from him, talked to him and I haven't seen anything that changes my opinion of him...

The good news for ISU, Baylor looks like we are back to Chad Morris 2006

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Until I see actual evidence against him and not innuendo and a BOR led smear campaign I will continue to believe that Art was scapegoated by a Board that knew they had been covering up this stuff for decades and needed a big name to take the fall.

As a Texas High School Football Coach for the last 30+ years I have gone against him, learned from him, talked to him and I haven't seen anything that changes my opinion of him...

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Probably?

Eh.

Baylor-1.png

• Winner
Reactions: Bryce7

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I'll put it out to all of you... to the collective... most of whom agree with me politically, can you find anything that has been proven that CAB did?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Give it two years. UT already probably reached out to him last night to tell him to lay low for a couple years and they'll hire him when they fire Herman.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'll put it out to all of you... to the collective... most of whom agree with me politically, can you find anything that has been proven that CAB did?

It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do or know. This stuff all happened on his watch, and he was the head of the program so he's responsible for it. If you're here trying to convince us that Art didn't know of any of these things happening right under his nose, you're in the wrong place. You probably believe Rick Pitino had no idea his assistant coaches were buying sex and strippers for his recruits either.

Briles is radioactive and will be for at least a few more years. And he'll never be back at Baylor, no matter how much you and your ilk want him to be.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
This will be my last post on this subject because I will never convince you that he was Scapegoated by his own Board even though I believe that to be absolutely true. You guys have hoped he would one day be found guilty of something ever since we went from a 4 win team to an 11 win team. I get that you will hold on tightly to your villain. I do want to get my perspective on the record... I'm really not sure why... If you really hate Baylor as a school, the way I see it actually makes my school look way worse than a rogue football coach... which is why ti's not the Party line in Waco.

Sorry about the length... another problem with the truth is that it rarely fits in a 10 second sound bite like Rape U or Sucks to BU... In any case I'm going to stick to the Political Board for the rest of this season, especially since it looks like we will be wishing for hte days of 4 win seasons for awhile.

Art Briles is a good and honorable man, an incredibly talented football coach who is unbelievably competitive, a hard working man who has helped literally thousands of young men over his long career, while winning at the highest level in High School and College.

He was perhaps naive about the political factions within what is obviously a very divided university. He may have had a blind spot to the faults of some of his players but not to hide wrongdoing but to help the kid... There is nothing about his life that would lead me to believe that he would cover up criminal activity or put the female students of Baylor at risk. I believe he was, like every other employee on campus caught in a dysfunctional system with no training and no clear set of guidelines on how to deal with this campus wide problem...remember 90% of alleged assaults had nothing to do with Athletes.

I believe that the entire narrative of bullying victims and protecting athletes is mythology. I've never seen any proof of this, and I feel pretty sure that if there was any it would have been out by now. I think the board needed a big name to take the fall and so they have done everything possible publicly to discredit him while providing no evidence of actual wrongdoing. What they have provided is circumstantial at best and at worst flat out falsehoods.

The Board has done our entire school a huge disservice by not doing the right thing from the beginning. Coming clean from the start that this was an Institutional problem and that moving forward every employee on campus would be trained in exactly how to deal with student complaints of assault. That girls would no longer be threatened by RR with expulsion if the investigation was to turn up any drinking or consensual sex they might have been having... They could have done all of this and actually fixed the problems with the ADMINISTRATION culture without destroying a good man and a top 5 national program.

isu83

May 5, 2010
This will be my last post on this subject because I will never convince you that he was Scapegoated by his own Board even though I believe that to be absolutely true. You guys have hoped he would one day be found guilty of something ever since we went from a 4 win team to an 11 win team. I get that you will hold on tightly to your villain. I do want to get my perspective on the record... I'm really not sure why... If you really hate Baylor as a school, the way I see it actually makes my school look way worse than a rogue football coach... which is why ti's not the Party line in Waco.

Sorry about the length... another problem with the truth is that it rarely fits in a 10 second sound bite like Rape U or Sucks to BU... In any case I'm going to stick to the Political Board for the rest of this season, especially since it looks like we will be wishing for hte days of 4 win seasons for awhile.

Art Briles is a good and honorable man, an incredibly talented football coach who is unbelievably competitive, a hard working man who has helped literally thousands of young men over his long career, while winning at the highest level in High School and College.

He was perhaps naive about the political factions within what is obviously a very divided university. He may have had a blind spot to the faults of some of his players but not to hide wrongdoing but to help the kid... There is nothing about his life that would lead me to believe that he would cover up criminal activity or put the female students of Baylor at risk. I believe he was, like every other employee on campus caught in a dysfunctional system with no training and no clear set of guidelines on how to deal with this campus wide problem...remember 90% of alleged assaults had nothing to do with Athletes.

I believe that the entire narrative of bullying victims and protecting athletes is mythology. I've never seen any proof of this, and I feel pretty sure that if there was any it would have been out by now. I think the board needed a big name to take the fall and so they have done everything possible publicly to discredit him while providing no evidence of actual wrongdoing. What they have provided is circumstantial at best and at worst flat out falsehoods.

The Board has done our entire school a huge disservice by not doing the right thing from the beginning. Coming clean from the start that this was an Institutional problem and that moving forward every employee on campus would be trained in exactly how to deal with student complaints of assault. That girls would no longer be threatened by RR with expulsion if the investigation was to turn up any drinking or consensual sex they might have been having... They could have done all of this and actually fixed the problems with the ADMINISTRATION culture without destroying a good man and a top 5 national program.

Who cares if he was scapegoated. Just think if one of those raped women was your daughter. He was the man in charge of the Baylor football program at the time so he needs to be held accountable. Maybe the power of winning is all important in college football. But whether he was scapegoated or not shouldn't be the primary concern. The primary concern should the try to ensure it never happens again.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
TL;DR, but if Briles felt like he was being scapegoated by his administration he had the power and authority to come out and say so essentially without fear of repercussion. It was all going to fall in around him anyway and he had to know that, so there's no reason not to come out and publicly trash the administration if he felt he was being assigned blame that he shouldn't be. If he did this at some point, please link me to it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron