Not surprising, Art finds a job ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Baylor regents said that when Mr. Briles was asked what he would have done differently, he broke down and wept. Many board members began to cry as well.

“He couldn’t speak he was so upset, and all of us were,” Mr. Gray said. “Art said, ‘I delegated down, and I know I shouldn’t have. And I had a system where I was the last to know, and I should have been the first to know.’”
But he tried to sue the University for wrongful terminantion.. hmm...

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
CFL........ that is professional sports version of being "Sent to Siberia" during WWII.

I'll put the over/under at 2 years that some scumbag AD here in the states will hire him.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
TT right after they sack Kingsbury this season.
I dunno. I'm probably in the minority that thinks Art never coaches in the USA again. Aren't they making (or did make) a big scathing documentary about BU? This BU rape thing isn't over yet either. More shoes are going to drop and more stones are going to be turned over.

Art will be an incredibly hard sell to any board of regents and forget a private school...no ****ing way they want to be the next BU.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I dunno. I'm probably in the minority that thinks Art never coaches in the USA again. Aren't they making (or did make) a big scathing documentary about BU? This BU rape thing isn't over yet either. More shoes are going to drop and more stones are going to be turned over.

Art will be an incredibly hard sell to any board of regents and forget a private school...no ****ing way they want to be the next BU.

We'll see. I hope you're right. He ought to be banned for life from ever coaching college football again. But football is king, and you should never underestimate the power of the almighty dollar.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It sounds like the CFL might be pushing back now.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CFL statement on the hiring of Art Briles. <a href="https://t.co/s8Oz1QQl3S">pic.twitter.com/s8Oz1QQl3S</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) <a href="">August 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Sad deal. Great coach, obviously a d bag of a guy and terrible ambassador for the sport.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Not sure how you can reference Art Briles and sad deal in the same sentence...

I only wrote about 10 words, did you read the whole thing? Should I be happy about it? I'm sad for the integrity of the sport of football and the image it's portrayed as when a prominent coach is accused (convicted?) Of such crimes.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I think it's safe to say he won't be getting another college or NFL job at any point. He wasn't even accepted as a coach in another country.

Reactions: aauummm