Not overly upset.

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CyBer, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CyBer

CyBer Guest

I mean, yeah, I'm ****** that we melted down, but Texas had a lot to play for and were favored in the game. I think just like the rest of the season we will get ****** and beat the **** out of who ever we play in the first round of the NCAA tourney. Time to forget fast.

GO STATE!

2. Bartastic

Bartastic Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Iowa
    I am overly upset. I can stand losing, but not when we play so poorly and don't take care of the ball and don't try hard the whole game...that's when I get upset with a loss. But I'm mostly upset by not seeing that adorable baby avatar you had.

3. cyclone101

cyclone101 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Central IA
    We had a lot to play for! We were playing for a better seed! We come out ho-hum and lose to a team we could crush if we would just pull our heads out of our ***.

4. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Staff Writer
    MN
    I had a test during the game and only got to see the last 3 minutes. I'm going to guess that the part I saw was representative of the whole game and that we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. Sigh... the life of a cyclone fan.

5. jr4cy

jr4cy Active Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Kansas City
    I'm ******* ******! Just got out of the game. Easily 8k fans here and we play like garbage. 1 and done in the tourney. What a joke.

6. jboffer

jboffer Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    You should be overly upset.

Epic fail.

7. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    Agreed, we were due for a loss and now we have at least a week to get ourselves together and refill the tank. I knew we would come out flat after the Baylor emotion. Time to eat some humble pie and get our btch slap back.

8. CyBer

CyBer Guest

Yep teams have bad nights, get over it.

9. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    This one hurts the worst. No reason we should have lost.

10. marothisu

marothisu Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    NYC/Chicago
    While Texas had a lot to play for, we were still up by 11 in the 2nd half and ****** it away. We should have easily won the game, and we just didn't look interested in being there sometimes. That to me is the frustrating part. The lack of focus was upsetting (too many turnovers and easy rebounds to Texas that they shouldn't have had).

11. CyBer

CyBer Guest

I can tell you are overly upset, this thread was not meant for you epic fail?

12. Bartastic

Bartastic Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Iowa

Yeah, the part when we were up by 11 in the second half was pretty cool though. Shot in foot, yes.

13. JoshTheCyclone

Feb 4, 2012
    Expeditor
    Fort Dodge
    this.

14. CydeOut

CydeOut Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas
    If this were a regular season game, sure, I think we could all just get over it. Big 12 tournament, first time being this high of a seed in a long time, needing a win for a solid seed, lost our last 6 games in the tournament, riding momentum off a nice finish to the season, and we lay a freaking egg....not so easy to get over. Tournament time is what fans get hyped about, seeing your favorite team play trashy basketball to start this part of the season, not easy to get over.

15. NATEizKING

NATEizKING Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Hilton
    This was the least important game of the rest of the season. Since every game has been a must win it seems in the view of some CFer's, this one was a non-important game. The next loss ends our season, I'm way more worried about that.

16. NATEizKING

NATEizKING Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Hilton
    Non-important was too strong of a term but I'm not going to replace it.

17. CloneState1028

CloneState1028 Well-Known Member

I just feel bad for all the ******* people who made the trek down there for us to lay another colossal Cyclone sized egg. God that's got to be frustrating, I feel terrible for them.

18. cymaniac17

cymaniac17 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Parts Unknown
    Im ****** we lost but we gotta look at the whole picture here. First tourney for ISU since 2005!! We are on the up and up. I will be more ****** if the players dont use this as a learning experience and come out fired up in their NCAA first round game. Its time to get serious!!

Go State!!

19. el tornado

el tornado Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    If we would have won I think that we would have been a 7 seed...
    Maybe now we'll be a 10 seed. I just don't want an 8 or 9 and then see Kentucky or Syracuse in the 2nd round.

20. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    Im ******. I thought ISU had a shot at winning the whole things, instead they play like the 10 seed.

I am never saw my wife so ****** after a loss either.