Northern Iowa MIA

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Seems like these are the years that Farley is most dangerous! He seems to choke a bit when they are highly ranked. To be open about this topic...I cheer for UNI but I don't follow them on a day-to-day basis.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Seems like these are the years that Farley is most dangerous! He seems to choke a bit when they are highly ranked. To be open about this topic...I cheer for UNI but I don't follow them on a day-to-day basis.

UNI got more coverage in Eastern Iowa by a mile back in the late 80s/early 90s and had some very nice teams so I tended to know their teams better than ISU's.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Haven’t they been a bit more hit or miss lately in general… unless playing Iowa State?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's one of the best settings in all of college football regardless of division. Great atmosphere too. People in that state take their football seriously. MSU has a pretty cool stadium too.

If worst case scenario happens for Washington State and Oregon State I wonder if MWC could go to "Mega" conference by adding those schools, along with Montana, NDSU to get to 16 while adding a couple states/regions where they'd be the clear #1 local sport? It's not a terrible league right now at 12. Given how spread out the entire west half of the country is, it has a surprising # of close rivalries and OreSt/WSU/Montana would create even more. newmwc.jpg

Obviously they could add the two CA schools if it worked out they had nowhere to go.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
It's one of the best settings in all of college football regardless of division. Great atmosphere too. People in that state take their football seriously. MSU has a pretty cool stadium too.

Was just out in Missoula a couple weeks ago and walked around their campus and the checked out the football stadium. Told my buddy I was with we are definitely coming back decked in all grizz gear for the Montana - Montana State game when it comes back in 2023.

Reactions: deadeyededric

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
To be open about this topic...UNI would rather root for the Hawkeyes than their own alma mater...gross.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
If worst case scenario happens for Washington State and Oregon State I wonder if MWC could go to "Mega" conference by adding those schools, along with Montana, NDSU to get to 16 while adding a couple states/regions where they'd be the clear #1 local sport? It's not a terrible league right now at 12. Given how spread out the entire west half of the country is, it has a surprising # of close rivalries and OreSt/WSU/Montana would create even more. View attachment 101581

Obviously they could add the two CA schools if it worked out they had nowhere to go.
I would assume Montana State would find its way in there if NDSU and Montana were in that league. They may have a larger fan base than Montana. Quite a bit larger enrollment too I think.