***Northern Colorado (Friday @7) and Oregon State (Sunday at 2) Duals***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bthomps01

Dec 7, 2006
I think Colbray needs to sit - he looked broken yesterday - multiple stalling calls from the BOTTOM..

Harrington is to small to be a contender.

St John danced for 6 1/2 minutes and then decided to go for a shot.. WTH..

Overall - I liked the energy, I appreciate KD transparency.. he calls em how he sees em.

Reactions: Scott34

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I talked with Derek and Skyler. He has been back on the mat for 2 weeks. Maybe a little rust and maybe tentative with the knee. His college career has been 1 knee injury and another.

I think Zabriskie wasn't much bigger than Marcus. Marcus is probably heavier than Kyle Simonson, but shorter. I liked Marcus' energy. Dhesi is big and strong.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Dhesi is good. Marcus will learn how to wrestle the big guys. He needs to keep bulking up , more upper body strength will help .

• Agree
Reactions: buf87

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I think Colbray needs to sit - he looked broken yesterday - multiple stalling calls from the BOTTOM..

Harrington is to small to be a contender.

St John danced for 6 1/2 minutes and then decided to go for a shot.. WTH..

Overall - I liked the energy, I appreciate KD transparency.. he calls em how he sees em.

Sorry but I don't buy that when the best guy in the world at that weight and the best hwt in recent ISU history are/were smaller than him. As long as he uses his quickness and balance to his advantage and doesn't try to horse the big boys around, his size doesn't have to be a detriment.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Sorry but I don't buy that when the best guy in the world at that weight and the best hwt in recent ISU history are/were smaller than him. As long as he uses his quickness and balance to his advantage and doesn't try to horse the big boys around, his size doesn't have to be a detriment.

Exactly right. Kyle Snyder is small. Now...he’s an athletic freak and as strong as anyone, but he uses his quickness more than anything. That duck under. Everyone in the world, and this is not hyperbole...everyone...knows he’s coming with the duck under. Nobody can stop it at that weight because he’s so damn quick and decisive.

Harrington will keep getting better assuming he puts in the work. They way he has improved already this year compared to last leads me to believe he is working.

• Agree

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Exactly right. Kyle Snyder is small. Now...he’s an athletic freak and as strong as anyone, but he uses his quickness more than anything. That duck under. Everyone in the world, and this is not hyperbole...everyone...knows he’s coming with the duck under. Nobody can stop it at that weight because he’s so damn quick and decisive.

Harrington will keep getting better assuming he puts in the work. They way he has improved already this year compared to last leads me to believe he is working.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen Snyder hit a duck.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I gotta say as far as comparing to last year, Harrington is a completely different wrestler mentally and physically. Didn't think I would ever say that but I really like what I see from him for the most part.

• Agree