Non practical Christmas gift

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I need something NOT practical for my brother. Not a gag gift but not something anyone would really buy themselves. Thinking about a gift bag of "as seen on TV" products. Anyone have any ideas.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Several years ago we bought six fairly cheap remote control cars ($5-$10 each). Plastic, cheap-o, you had to put the decals on yourself. We gave them to the sons & sons-in-law that were there for Christmas. They spent several hours playing with them down in the game room (the only non-carpeted room other than kitchen). Bear in mind, these guys were in their late 20's, early 30's. What made it funnier was that several of the cars had overlapping signals, so you never knew who was actually guiding which car. They left them here; when they bring their kids to visit, the cars come out again.

We also have a pair of nerf space guns that fire disks...those come out frequently as well.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Maybe some home bar stuff? I know I've randomly thrown stuff like a mojito mixing set or copper Moscow mule cups onto my Christmas list before to add some variety, since I apparently never have enough options on my wishlist for people to choose from. I don't even have a bar set-up out our house, I just think it would be fun to have for entertaining.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Hot Wheels has a track that goes on the wall. Bought the first track two years ago and have added each year since. It's on the wall of "man cave"

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Several years ago we bought six fairly cheap remote control cars ($5-$10 each). Plastic, cheap-o, you had to put the decals on yourself. We gave them to the sons & sons-in-law that were there for Christmas. They spent several hours playing with them down in the game room (the only non-carpeted room other than kitchen). Bear in mind, these guys were in their late 20's, early 30's. What made it funnier was that several of the cars had overlapping signals, so you never knew who was actually guiding which car. They left them here; when they bring their kids to visit, the cars come out again.

We also have a pair of nerf space guns that fire disks...those come out frequently as well.

I am the oldest of 4 brothers (late 20's, early 30's) and we like to get out our old nerf guns and have some fun every once in a while. We had laser tag guns growing up that were an absolute blast.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
How about a charitable contribution in his name to a cause he supports? Lots of places allow you to put his name on a commemorative something-or-other.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I need something NOT practical for my brother. Not a gag gift but not something anyone would really buy themselves. Thinking about a gift bag of "as seen on TV" products. Anyone have any ideas.

Iowa basketball tickets. I know that no one wants them because they were just on Groupon.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
One great gift I got a few years ago was a subscription to a Beer of the Month Club. They shipped 3 bottles of 4 different beers to my house once a month for sixth months.