No Vincent Jackson trade to Vikings

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Via Adam Schefter on Twitter. Vikings are going down in the ******* if you ask me. If Favre's presser tomorrow is him saying hes done...well then im done watching the Vikes tell next year, where hopefully we will get a new QB other than T-Joke.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
Via Adam Schefter on Twitter. Vikings are going down in the ******* if you ask me. If Favre's presser tomorrow is him saying hes done...well then im done watching the Vikes tell next year, where hopefully we will get a new QB other than T-Joke.

What a diehard fan you are.

As I understand it, the Chargers want a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for Jackson. That's a heck of a lot. You're basically hamstringing your entire 2011 draft for one receiver.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
skeleton.gif

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

As I understand it, the Chargers want a 2nd and a 3rd round pick for Jackson. That's a heck of a lot. You're basically hamstringing your entire 2011 draft for one receiver.
Well you are correct. I'm not really a diehard Vikings fan. I really only watch NFL because of fantasy football and my dad has been a life long Vikes fan. But, i am just as passionate as a Viking as anything else. I hate losing no matter who i am cheering for, including watching high school.

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
You watch Highschool football? lulz.

But seriously, I'm glad Favre might be going. T-Jack might be bad, but I hate Favre with a passion. Maybe they will start Webb?

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
If Favre doesn't feel he's on a winning team, he'll bail before he must meet the Packers and lose. He's not going out well... as a Packer fan I think he would have been best to hang it up after leaving the Packers. Favre might feel the same way someday whether or not he admits it.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Miami gave two second rounders for Brandon Marshal, I don't think a second and third are too much to ask. It all comes down to Jackson wanting a ridiculous contract. Noboedy, and I mean nobody, wants to give him a five year $50mm deal because of his issues. He's living in fantasy world thinking he's worth that. As such, teams are left offering a one year deal and they don't want to give up a second and third round pick for a one year player. If Jackson had realistic expectations regarding his value he would have been signed by SD or traded by now. The guy is really turning out to be an idiot.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Jackson wasn't going to fix anything, and Favre isn't going anywhere. They'll win next week (Detroit has improved but they are still Detroit) and then they have the bye week to get their **** together.

For all this huffing and puffing about Favre's press conference, I don't really see it mentioned anywhere online.

Last edited:

Neckbeard

Dec 20, 2008
Miami gave two second rounders for Brandon Marshal, I don't think a second and third are too much to ask. It all comes down to Jackson wanting a ridiculous contract. Noboedy, and I mean nobody, wants to give him a five year $50mm deal because of his issues. He's living in fantasy world thinking he's worth that. As such, teams are left offering a one year deal and they don't want to give up a second and third round pick for a one year player. If Jackson had realistic expectations regarding his value he would have been signed by SD or traded by now. The guy is really turning out to be an idiot.

Bernard Berrian and his $43M deal disagree. Sometimes fantasy becomes real-life.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

actually, several places are reporting that a 1 year deal had already been agreed upon in principle, but the asking price from the Chargers was too much.

The most recent entry on Access Vikings talks about it.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Bernard Berrian and his $43M deal disagree. Sometimes fantasy becomes real-life.

If he is worth it, why didn't a team step up and offer it to him? Vikings, Rams, Redskins, none of them offered him the long term contract. A second and third would be cheap for a WR you are willing to pay that much money for.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
actually, several places are reporting that a 1 year deal had already been agreed upon in principle, but the asking price from the Chargers was too much.

The most recent entry on Access Vikings talks about it.

That was exactly the problem, he wanted too much on a long term contract so teams had to fall back to a one year deal Two picks are too much for a one year player. Chargers will get a compensatory pick when he leaves next year so they were holding out for something more. Not sure why they didn't take the second plus a conditional the Vikings supposedly offered, maybe the conditional was very low. I think part of it could be that they viewed the Vikings as a potential contender so they wanted to get good value if they were taking a chance on running into him in the Super Bowl (I know, long shot on both sides).