No Shooting in Ames

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My view from reading the story yesterday was that they knew it was bs but were investigating further to prove it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Strange story. Just glad to know there isn't a shooter hiding in Ames.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/...cle_950a3cc4-4785-11e6-aa65-a340d514e66c.html

Surprised this didn't trigger more concern in Ames. They must have been able to tell right away that something was fishy.

My wife has been following this story since it happened, and keeping me up to date. yes, it seemed very fishy from the beginning. I suspect the police thought so, too.

Des Moines guy claims to have been shot in Ames, but goes to the doctor in Nevada? Bull. My thought was that it was an accident, and either he shot himself or his friend did accidentally. Maybe they drove to Nevada, stupidly thinking that maybe it wouldn't be investigated or something. I don't know. But, it definitely didn't go down like he said it did.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My favorite part was driving to hospital in Nevada as opposed to just going to Mary Greeley.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My favorite part was driving to hospital in Nevada as opposed to just going to Mary Greeley.

Maybe they didn't want to deal with the construction? :jimlad:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
When I first heard it I figured he either shot himself or his friend shot him with an illegal gun.

No way do you get shot in Ames and go to the Nevada hospital.

No way a shooting happens at 3:30 at night and not one person heard a thing.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Now I almost feel bad for tipping the police off to a handful of potential suspects that post on this board.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My wife has been following this story since it happened, and keeping me up to date. yes, it seemed very fishy from the beginning. I suspect the police thought so, too.

Des Moines guy claims to have been shot in Ames, but goes to the doctor in Nevada? Bull. My thought was that it was an accident, and either he shot himself or his friend did accidentally. Maybe they drove to Nevada, stupidly thinking that maybe it wouldn't be investigated or something. I don't know. But, it definitely didn't go down like he said it did.

Yeah, I follow the Ames PD on Facebook (they often post community-related stuff). I was reading that on Sunday (?) morning, before they had released the updated announcement, and immediately called bull****, and hence had to read it to Janny. Literally no part of it added up.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So --- Now they will have 2 rooms? :prolleyes:

Hey, we were surprised too! I think it's because they serve the small towns surrounding (from Zearing down to Collins). Easy access, plenty of parking - for farmers and smalltown folk, it might be preferable to driving into Ames or Des Moines. I still think they'll serve as a "first stop" prior to sending the more serious patients to the bigger hospitals.