I am concerned about the ISU BBall future
1. Phillips transfers
2. Elwin McCroy is hired and leaves within one year
3. Railey gets in trouble multiple times
4. Lutz leaves after one year
5. Mann hired then gets a DUI
6. Godfrey dismissed
7. Transfers with shaky pasts

I didn't like the fact that during the non-conference portion of the schedule that Godfrey and Railey did not play more. It came back to bite us in the conference season. They missed a lot of valuable minutes. We seemed to be very weak mentally but GMAC can take the blame for installing a losing atmosphere.
I love Freddy's offensive sets, but am very concerned about his defense. I just hope he puts the best five guys on the floor regardless of their tenure at ISU.

Sucks to lose our best big man the last two seasons, Hamilton and Godfrey unexpectedly. Whose to say that it isn't one more strike and your out for Railey, White, Allen, and Lucious. I am really disappointed with the retention of Mann, I would expect to lose a new job if I got one and got a DUI when it is a job that is often in the spotlight. I think these things have a way of working themselves out and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite Freddy later. It seems we can never get through and off season without some drama. I hope I am worrying about nothing.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
1. Phillips transfers
6. Godfrey dismissed

I didn't like the fact that during the non-conference portion of the schedule that Godfrey and Railey did not play more. It came back to bite us in the conference season. They missed a lot of valuable minutes. We seemed to be very weak mentally but GMAC can take the blame for installing a losing atmosphere.
I love Freddy's offensive sets, but am very concerned about his defense. I just hope he puts the best five guys on the floor regardless of their tenure at ISU.

Sucks to lose our best big man the last two seasons, Hamilton and Godfrey unexpectedly. Whose to say that it isn't one more strike and your out for Railey, White, Allen, and Lucious. I am really disappointed with the retention of Mann, I would expect to lose a new job if I got one and got a DUI when it is a job that is often in the spotlight. I think these things have a way of working themselves out and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite Freddy later. It seems we can never get through and off season without some drama. I hope I am worrying about nothing.

1. Philips wont be missed.
2. Who cares
3. We will see how Railey deals with the summer.
4. Lutz wanted to go home to his family. Can you blame him? We knew it was a short run.
5. Mann's DUI relax was it bad yes bad not crippling.
6. Godfrey did himself in.
7. Transfers are fine with me.

Relax and take a deep breathe.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Nope, he's going to put the worst guys he can on the floor to make sure we lose games. Do people honestly think coaches don't put the best guys they can on the floor? My God.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
1. Phillips transfers
6. Godfrey dismissed

1. Cost us possibly other recruits short term, but long term Phillips leaving is not a big deal.
2. Not a concern
3. A concern, but Railey hasn't shown yet that he will be a major contributor yet.
4. Shouldn't be lumped with these others. It was a personal decision and I still would have wanted him for one year over none.
5. Stupid mistake, but first offense. He still has time to redeem himself.
6. This is the big one and every thing else is small in comparison. It hurts to lose Godfrey.
7. I see no point in even mentioning this unless you just wanted to have seven points instead of six. Unrelated.

Only ones that are concerns for me are 3, 5 and 6.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Usually the drama queen is the is the one that says they are sick of drama, but yet has to bring it up or create it.

Funny huh...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
1. Cost us possibly other recruits short term, but long term Phillips leaving is not a big deal.
2. Not a concern
3. A concern, but Railey hasn't shown yet that he will be a major contributor yet.
4. Shouldn't be lumped with these others. It was a personal decision and I still would have wanted him for one year over none.
5. Stupid mistake, but first offense. He still has time to redeem himself.
6. This is the big one and every thing else is small in comparison. It hurts to lose Godfrey.
7. I see no point in even mentioning this unless you just wanted to have seven points instead of six. Unrelated.

Only ones that are concerns for me are 3, 5 and 6.

I completely agree except for point #1. Phillips didn't cost us anything. FH was hired late and he wasn't going to get anyone good at that point. ISU would have been worse off getting someone who wasn't very good that stuck around. At least Phillips leaving opened up a scholarship right away.

Godfrey getting booted hurts for sure. He was a risk from the start, though. GMac went after him out of desperation and FH kept him out of desperation.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
add another...

8. Drama queen fans who have no clue how minor these things have been over the last month compared to the last decade.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
1. Phillips transfers
6. Godfrey dismissed

Does not = drama. Larry + Natty + Coeds = drama.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I have to agree with the OP. Maybe not on each point but I have to say this last few weeks have been trying. I'm extremely disappointed in out assistant coach with the DUI. We as a society brush this off but it is serious. If I get a dui I lose my job due to not being able to drive. How will he do his?

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I noticed that most of those idiotic threads were created by posters with low # of posts (like 100 posts).... sigh...

I have a problem with one of the problems that you pointed out. So what if our transfer had some problems in the past. Have they done ANYTHING ever since they stepped on Iowa State campus? I didn't think so. Quit judging those transfer players based on what happened in the past. Look what they have done since they have been here. What more do they have to do to get your approval? Seriously...

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
My only concern is the idiots who start another thread "concerned" about drama in the basketball program when they could just post their thoughts in one of the 100 threads already started.