No Lard or Lewis for exhibition Sunday

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Man, you are hideously terrible at this reading stuff, but really fun to pick on.

I've actually said that everything Prohm did in this regard is fine, and that there are different ways to get things done.

So are you trying to argue that sometimes discipline is needed and sometimes it's not? I think it's always needed, but that's just me.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So are you trying to argue that sometimes discipline is needed and sometimes it's not? I think it's always needed, but that's just me.
No, he’s recognizing that there are varying degrees of misconduct or offenses and varying degrees of punishment. Likewise there are teams that need a strict and structured culture to play its best and others that will not respond well to that. I’m guessing he’s fine with Prohm being a hard ass, as it’s likely this team will only have success if they max out.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

So one standard form of discipline is all anyone should adhere to? They commit to that and never once waiver their entire coaching career? That one form will work 100% of the time for every single player they ever coach?

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Might not be this game, but Brase and Talley are both starters.

Two of Jackson, Wiggington, Babb
Talley
Young
Brase

Set the tone early with these three suspensions. Get everyone on the same page and ready to work.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Might not be this game, but Brase and Talley are both starters.

Two of Jackson, Wiggington, Babb
Talley
Young
Brase

Set the tone early with these three suspensions. Get everyone on the same page and ready to work.
We’ll see.

It would be great if Brase and Young could be great enough threats on 3Ps to pull out defenders. That would be a very nice building block to go along with hopefully DJ being a scorer

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
No, he’s recognizing that there are varying degrees of misconduct or offenses and varying degrees of punishment. Likewise there are teams that need a strict and structured culture to play its best and others that will not respond well to that. I’m guessing he’s fine with Prohm being a hard ass, as it’s likely this team will only have success if they max out.

Hard ass? Really? I have heard those type of comments before and they usually originate from those who grew up in a broken or dysfunctional family.

Those of us who have built very large and successful teams in business generally tend to believe that no “team” can function smoothly and effectively without ground rules. It is critical to clearly establish the rules up front. When individuals violate those rules, they are in effect demonstrating disrespect for themselves, the team and the coach or leaders.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Hard ass? Really? I have heard those type of comments before and they usually originate from those who grew up in a broken or dysfunctional family.

Those of us who have built very large and successful teams in business generally tend to believe that no “team” can function smoothly and effectively without ground rules. It is critical to clearly establish the rules up front. When individuals violate those rules, they are in effect demonstrating disrespect for themselves, the team and the coach or leaders.
Your comprehension skills need work. You must have lacked hard ass teachers and parents in your life.

acody

Nov 25, 2006

Nothing like a moralistic judgmental overreaction. Hope you don't live in glass house.

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames

As a fellow businessman, I can unambiguously affirm your observation. However, in this postmodern, politically correct, post-truth age, we are encouraged to forget facts, ideas, arguments and to dismiss observations amassed by years of business experience.

• Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: ProhmDate and jim4

Help Support Us

Become a patron