No controversy; Richardson to start vs. OSu

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Do we really have any other options if Sam gets hurt really bad and Rohach isn't cutting it? I really hope that Rohach is better than he what we saw against Baylor, but who knows at this point. I realize that the OL is bad, which doesn't help. Would Lanning ever play this year?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
So we can get rid of that dumb poll?

And to the poster that brought up Lanning, good grief, just no. Plus the weight he's put on at ISU, he won't be a qb here.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
CPR was recently asked to name a few of the RS Freshman who are really looking good. The first one he mentioned was Lanning at QB. He spoke about his arm strength and running ability. I think he made a comment that Wally would love to have him on the defensive side but it wasn't going to happen.

Apr 19, 2006
He's up to 245 is last I heard. Not quite the QB weight we have.

Well he could take more hits then the other two QB's. He could be nicknamed the land dozer!

The way things are going now you just go old school and start drawing up plays in the sand. Try the triple option, try the T, double wing, hell just do the wildcat and put as many weapons on the field as you can.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Sam R if he is relatively healthy, should start because I don't think Rohach brings a whole lot to the table from what we saw last sat night.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
....make smarter decisions and quicker judgments.”

I thought he was making fast decisions. He was being bombed after a second by the onrushing herd of elephants. How much faster can he decide what to do? He must mean look at the defense and then decide where to go before the ball is hiked because that is the only faster I see.....

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Rhoads should put the smallest 5 guys on the roster at o-line, and then rotate the starting o-line at QB and RB. Then the starting o-line will know what Richardson, Rohach, and the running backs have had to put up with. :jimlad:

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Next year if Sam and Rohach don't work out, I'm all for running a Tebow/Klein offense with Lanning. He is a QB that can actually take hits unlike Sam the toothpick Richardson.