Niang signs with GSW (Update: Now Utah)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The best thing about Niang and Nader for teams like GSW and Boston is their contract. Those teams have high paid superstars and they have to finish out their roster somehow. Talents like Niang and Nader are cheap so why not keep them around?

• Optimistic
Reactions: ILikeCy

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The best thing about Niang and Nader for teams like GSW and Boston is their contract. Those teams have high paid superstars and they have to finish out their roster somehow. Talents like Niang and Nader are cheap so why not keep them around?

Because the Warriors already have 15 guaranteed contracts?

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
I heard on the broadcast that Golden State only has 1 player signed to a 2-way contract. Does Georges have any shot at that second 2-way?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I heard on the broadcast that Golden State only has 1 player signed to a 2-way contract. Does Georges have any shot at that second 2-way?

Yes although I don't know if it's in his best interests to sign it. If he does, he's locked into only playing for Golden St, a team that already has a full roster of guaranteed deals. So no matter how well he plays, he may be stuck in the G-League. If he doesn't sign it, he can still play for the Warriors team but would be free to be called up by any NBA team.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges hasn't shown much in pre-season games (no field goals in GSW's two games in China). Given how little court time he got with the Pacers / Mad Ants, he may benefit greatly from playing a whole season in the G-league, just to work on his craft.

And "Mad Ants" is a stupid nickname, Fort Wayne.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Signed a two way contract with Utah

So the either cut Erik McCree and the Georges and Max are teammates. Which would be really cool.

Or the cut Naz to make room for Georges which would really suck.

I'd think they keep a guard and a forward and with them just signing Naz to the two way it'd be weird to cut him but it's the NBA

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
So the either cut Erik McCree and the Georges and Max are teammates. Which would be really cool.

I'd think they keep a guard and a forward and with them just signing Naz to the two way it'd be weird to cut him but it's the NBA

Especially when the guy is averaging 120 pts. per 40 minutes.

Reactions: jkclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

You can't cut Naz while he has a PER rating of +137.18. He's averaging 144 points per 48 minutes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron