Niang signs with GSW (Update: Now Utah)

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
This is a great situation for Georges. Hopefully he balls out in the D league and when/if he gets called up he is able to get more time on the court because Golden State blows teams out so often.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
As soon I start getting fatigued of GSW they make a move like this and pull me right back in.

There won't likely be an opportunity for Georges to play with the Warriors this year, but for the long term vision getting in with that culture, coaching and wiliness to work with players styles to help them succeed is a great development spot for Niang long term.
Plus GSW will be cash strapped the next couple of years and will be looking for low cost role players who know their system. Could be an opportunity to find a role in "The City" after this year.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
A lot of Draymond comparisons on offense, but he's not the defensive player Draymond is on defense. Best case scenario is he is a solid bench guy for that team. Great fit with that style of play I must say.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I hate the Warriors but this is a great fit.

Green is the kind of player you have to admit is an a-hole even if he's on your team. Kerr is a competitive jerk but the kind you want running your own team. I like most of the other guys. I don't know if there's been as humble and likable star in the NBA as Durant, the guy is as smooth and laid back as they come and still scores effortlessly.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Green is the kind of player you have to admit is an a-hole even if he's on your team. Kerr is a competitive jerk but the kind you want running your own team. I like most of the other guys. I don't know if there's been as humble and likable star in the NBA as Durant, the guy is as smooth and laid back as they come and still scores effortlessly.
Durant lost a lot of respect for going to the Warriors. He seems to be a good person and is a really good player but he took the weak way to a title. Leaving a title contender for a team that set the record for most wins in a season is a bad look.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Durant lost a lot of respect for going to the Warriors. He seems to be a good person and is a really good player but he took the weak way to a title. Leaving a title contender for a team that set the record for most wins in a season is a bad look.

Yeah he probably tarnished his position on the all time greats list. Conversely LeBron going to Cleveland and coming back from down 1-3 really boosts him even if that's all he ever gets out of going back to Cleveland.

Golden State built an even more ridiculous super team than Miami did adding probably the 2nd or 3rd best player to a 73 win team, at least they didn't have a championship rally before playing a game with KD and then not win the championship like Miami did ;-)