Nia Washington Playing on ESPNU on Fri 4/1 10am CT

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Her team won today and will play tomorrow in the finals. Nia played 17 min. Was 0/2 from the field and the line. She got 1 reb., 2 assists and 3 steals. I recorded and will watch tonight. Caught a couple of minutes on WatchESPN on my phone - intense game.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Looks like a good passer, ball handler and pesky defender. Has some quickness. Needs to work on her shot. That was the first time I've seen her play though so I'm not jumping to any conclusions about her shot. I think she could be good for someone like Bridget. Not sure if passing is ever going to be Buckleys strength. Carleton could use a good passing PG.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Nia is 5'6" according to the signing story. Her team lost in the finals shooting 15% from the floor and the opponent shot 51%. I don't think Nia's role is to score. In 40 minutes of play in the semi and final games she had 1 turn over and brings the ball to the front court quickly. She can shoot, she was 4/4 from the line today. I like her exposure to D-1 caliber players and exposure to the pressure of the tournament and the final game in the Garden. She can contribute as a frosh.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nia is 5'6" according to the signing story. Her team lost in the finals shooting 15% from the floor and the opponent shot 51%. I don't think Nia's role is to score. In 40 minutes of play in the semi and final games she had 1 turn over and brings the ball to the front court quickly. She can shoot, she was 4/4 from the line today. I like her exposure to D-1 caliber players and exposure to the pressure of the tournament and the final game in the Garden. She can contribute as a frosh.

Hope you are right. We haven't had much (any) success with putting really small and short gals on the court in the Big 8/12 at ISU.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I also hope you are right, but she looks too small to me to be able to compete in the b12. Granted, she has played with and against some major competition. Just looks like she lacks the size and strength to be successful in our league.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

15%? Woof.

Help Support Us

Become a patron