NFL's Top 10 Most Heartbreaking Losses???

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
This year because there were so many missed opportunities it was more disgust then Heart Break.

Honestly wouldn't you say the same had we won? Most Pack fans I talked to were like me wanted their team to win but if they lost thought they would have had a chance to wrap it earlier had A Rodgers not got hurt. I have a hard time believing you would have been heart broken had you lost to us week 17 this yr.

And yet your Bears always seem to come up short when they play the Packers at the end of the season when there is something on the line (playoffs, NFC North title, Super Bowl).

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
And yet your Bears always seem to come up short when they play the Packers at the end of the season when there is something on the line (playoffs, NFC North title, Super Bowl).

in 2013 season week 10 at home losing 21-19 to Lions and week 13 at Vikings losing in OT 23-20 hurt worse than GB at home because we should have won those games. Win 1 or both of those games and week 17 doesn't matter. That is what I meant about the missed opportunities earlier.

Edit - And you guys aren't even in position to win that game if James Anderson scoops the fumble and scores. Instead Cobb picks it up and runs it in. That play described our D the 2nd half of year. again not heart break disgust

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You are such an angry troll. 85%? Did U pick that number out of thin air? If you don't like the threads I post, don't read & certainly don't respond to them.
To be fair I would have said 89%.

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
in 2013 season week 10 at home losing 21-19 to Lions and week 13 at Vikings losing in OT 23-20 hurt worse than GB at home because we should have won those games. Win 1 or both of those games and week 17 doesn't matter. That is what I meant about the missed opportunities earlier.

Edit - And you guys aren't even in position to win that game if James Anderson scoops the fumble and scores. Instead Cobb picks it up and runs it in. That play described our D the 2nd half of year. again not heart break disgust

If the dog hadn't stopped to poop, he woulda caught the rabbit.
If Rodgers hadn't chipped his collar bone on a freak play...... yawn!

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Yet you keep coming back like a cockroach?

Guilty Your honor. I also listened to Marty Tirell for yrs, Matty when he was in Des Moines and still listen to Miller and Brinson on radio.

I am well aware of the old saying "never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" but I like it when people over come so I keep going back like a mouse to the cheese. (which probably makes me in a way predictably stupid in that regard, become what I hate, I know)

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think the 2005 playoff game between the Colts and Steelers would have sucked if you were Colts fan.

The game itself wasn't so heartbreaking. Indy got badly outplayed and were very fortunate to even be in position to tie the game at the end of regulation. Shoot, even on that last drive the refs gifted Manning as second chance by screwing up what appeared to be a game clinching INT by Polamalu.

What was heartbreaking about it was that was the year that Tony Dungy's oldest son committed suicide late in the season. Dungy was back on the sidelines for that game, but it was clear that the air had gone out of the team. How he found the strength to get back to the team as quickly as he did is beyond me to this day.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
In other news. I think this is the first time I have ever seen someone Hijack their own thread when good discussion was taking place. Well Done Wamfam well done

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
The game itself wasn't so heartbreaking. Indy got badly outplayed and were very fortunate to even be in position to tie the game at the end of regulation. Shoot, even on that last drive the refs gifted Manning as second chance by screwing up what appeared to be a game clinching INT by Polamalu.

What was heartbreaking about it was that was the year that Tony Dungy's oldest son committed suicide late in the season. Dungy was back on the sidelines for that game, but it was clear that the air had gone out of the team. How he found the strength to get back to the team as quickly as he did is beyond me to this day.

You bring up a good point. There are times when a season can be heart breaking for any number of reasons that don't have anything to do with one game specifically. Yet they hurt just as much or more because there may be lasting effects for a bad season or bad coaches or GM tenure

Last edited:

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
You bring up a good point. There are times when a season can be heart breaking for any number of reasons that don't have anything to do with one game specifically. Yet they hurt just as much or more because there may be lasting effects for a bad season or bad coaches or GM tenure

I love pompous. holier than thou, think they know it alls. Do speak to us like Moses after God chose to give HIM the 10 Commandments because according to you "CYcoFan", you clearly are the "Chosen One".

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I love pompous. holier than thou, think they know it alls. Do speak to us like Moses after God chose to give HIM the 10 Commandments because according to you "CYcoFan", you clearly are the "Chosen One".

Dude sorry if I came off that way.

If you go back and look thru this thread I wasn't trying to tell Fans of teams which were more heart breaking, merely asking questions. I am an NFL fan and was like a giddy school girl being able to think back about a lot of games. If the Fail Mary is in your personal top 10 that is one thing. But it takes facts and an argument to say it belongs in the NFL's All Time Top 10 and by definition you can't use opinion to support an argument.

So the Fail Mary is in your top 10, just like Magic man is in my Bears one, but the Magic man game is not all time top 10 in nfl. I will admit to that. The magic man game was a personal exp for me that maybe a few Bears fans shared. Which is different from my heart breaking for Vikings fans that I hate when Gary Anderson misses a kick. You get it. Not even I will make fun of Vikes fans for that, that game is off limits. And if I feel that way then maybe other NFL non Vikings fans agree which would put it on an ALL TIME NFL list.

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
Dude sorry if I came off that way.

If you go back and look thru this thread I wasn't trying to tell Fans of teams which were more heart breaking, merely asking questions. I am an NFL fan and was like a giddy school girl being able to think back about a lot of games. If the Fail Mary is in your personal top 10 that is one thing. But it takes facts and an argument to say it belongs in the NFL's All Time Top 10 and by definition you can't use opinion to support an argument.

So the Fail Mary is in your top 10, just like Magic man is in my Bears one, but the Magic man game is not all time top 10 in nfl. I will admit to that. The magic man game was a personal exp for me that maybe a few Bears fans shared. Which is different from my heart breaking for Vikings fans that I hate when Gary Anderson misses a kick. You get it. Not even I will make fun of Vikes fans for that, that game is off limits. And if I feel that way then maybe other NFL non Vikings fans agree which would put it on an ALL TIME NFL list.

Thank you.... I'm just trying to provoke some interesting conversation is all. I think the same old same old gets boring so I try to be a little different is all.

Help Support Us

Become a patron