NFL's Black Monday

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
The NFL's "Black Monday" is almost upon us. Does anyone have any thoughts on the following questions?

Who is getting fired that deserves it?

Who is getting fired that does not deserve it?

Who is not getting fired who deserves it?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Please Cam Cameron, Please Cam Cameron, move in Parcells!

I know I know, he said he does not want that, but I can dream can't I?

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
I think Brian Billick deserves to go after losing 8 in a row and counting. However it could have been a fluke after they finished 13-3 last year, but maybe last year was the fluke year.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Norv Turner deserves it. Not sure who he has pictures of, but he's a coordinator, not a head coach, and he's proven it over and over and over again.

Totally agree! My once proud Redskin's franchise is still trying to recover from his disaster there.

I cannot believe the Chargers can go from 14-2 to what 11-5 probably, especially in that terrible division they are in. They should not have lost a single division game!

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Norv and Cam Cameron are both Coordinators. Norv does deserve a little credit, I think he's adjusted well as they the Chargers have won 5 in a row. He'll probably blow their playoff game though. The Redskins problem is Dan Snyder. The list of player acquisitions in the past 10 years has been laughable. Over-the-hill Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jeff George, and on and on. Norv gets a bad rap, much justified, but we'll find out when the playoffs start what he's made of with San Diego. The Chargers started bad, but they had a lot of injuries and are playing well now. Wade Phillips leaving for Dallas didn't help them either. I think it took them a while to adjust.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
I think Brian Billick deserves to go after losing 8 in a row and counting. However it could have been a fluke after they finished 13-3 last year, but maybe last year was the fluke year.

I would agree that Billick deserves to go. His most damning offense was hiring a puke named Rick Neuheisel. That guy wrecks every football team he touches.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Mike Molan - 49ers coach

I think that would be very dumb. What happened to giving a guy some time to rebuild a franchise?

Crennel was on the hot seat very soon after he landed in Cleveland...many felt he would get canned following last season or surely would be this year.

And now...10-6...needing the Colts to win tonight to get into the playoffs - biggest surprise in the NFL this season.

The 49ers took a step backwards this year but I do think Nolan is the man for the job.

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
Scott Linehan. The Rams should have set every offensive record in the book with this "genius" running the show. Now they're getting old and they might as well start over.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I'm a Chiefs fan, and the thought of Herm Edwards being fired never crossed my mind, but I definitely wouldn't disagree with that move.

Linehan could probably get canned to, that wouldn't surprise me either. But I think he gets another year to try and right the ship.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Herm Edwards needs to go and can the GM Carl Peterson while you are at it too. Scares me to think how the Chiefs will make another dumb pick in the first round and some other ones that make you scratch your head in the middle rounds as well. Chiefs have done a terrible job drafting lately. They have uncovered a few gems like LJ, Allen, Hali, and D. Johnson but they don't do a good job of filling needs or drafting guys that are good enough to stay on the roster long.

Herm is an over-rated coach too, hell I'd even take Marty back right now. He may not win the big games in the playoffs but at least the Chiefs got there more often than not with him.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Chiefs need to fire Edwards, and get Schottenheimer back. Those were the days!

Although they wouldn't win a playoff game, ever. But that's better than not going to the playoffs, which is where they are headed now, and for the foreseeable future.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I think that would be very dumb. What happened to giving a guy some time to rebuild a franchise?

The 49ers took a step backwards this year but I do think Nolan is the man for the job.

Says the diehard Cowboy fan .... :rolleyes:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Whatever.

Don't hate the 49ers...and I have much appreciation for Nolan, Gore, etc. I was hoping to see them get in the playoffs this year - injuries and the regression of Smith killed that.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
The loss of Turner to SD hurt both franchises.
I would like to see Nolan coach 2 more years with a new OC. I also think the OL is in need of a new coach and some talent. WR's are nothing special battle is a good 2nd at best and Jackson is not reliable. On D i think SF is headed in the right direction. The loss of BY will hurt and so did the injury to Lawson early in the year. Willis is gonna be stud at LB.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
Norm Turner didn't do nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. They had a brutal schedule, one of the toughest schedule in the league, including 4 of the 5 best teams in the entire NFL, and still went 11-5 including 3-3 against the following teams.

@ New England
Indianapolis
@ Green Bay
@ Jacksonville
@ Tennessee
Chicago (Season opener, fully healthy)

11-5 with that schedule isn't bad, the only reason the Chargers were 15-1 last year is that they had one of the easiest schedules in the league because Marty couldn't make the playoffs the year before with what was probably the most talented team in the league. They had all their current studs plus a solid QB in Drew Brees. Talk about one of the worst coaching performances in league history, that was it! I can't believe people are braindead enough to think Marty is a desirable coach, his play not to lose philosopy held his own team to 21 points and gave the Patriots the playoff game last year. They have a million times better chance with Turners playcalling in the playoffs than Marty.

Last edited: