NFL: NFL Network Redzone Channel

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
I just signed up for this channel. So far so good. They keep moving between different games, interspersing highlights.

Definitley looks like it could be a good replacement for the Sunday Ticket. Especially since it is only $5.99 per month.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
So, I just watched this for the first time today. This channel is absolutely ridiculous. I was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff going on, and I am someone that watches up to 3 games at a time on TV with picture in picture and on my laptop. I am in love with this channel.

There is never a break in the action, they show any game in the red zone, if there are multiple they show split screen. Otherwise they pick a game that is close, and stick with it, interjecting highlights from other games, as they are available, in-between plays.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
IMO, RedZone is the one advantage Dish has over DirecTV, since (at least when I had Dish) it is included in their regular sports pack. DirecTV makes you buy the NFL package to get RedZone, which sucks, but I understand why they do it because no one would get NFL ticket if you could just get RedZone. I bought the cheap Sunday ticket plan this year ($200) which does not include RedZone and I'm regretting it.

Jun 30, 2010
Nebraska :(
I've had RedZone for about a year now and have never really watched it but with my Vikes coming off a horrible year it's going to be hard to find their games out here in NE.

So I watched RedZone for the first time yesterday as well and WOW the ending of those 3-5 noon games is exactly what the channel was made for!

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
I'm actually despise the redzone channel. I like watching the full game, actually seeing momentum shift and turnovers happen, controversial coaching (and referee) decisions... basically everything that is the actual game of football. I just don't get that with the redzone channel. Sure you don't miss any 10 yard touchdown passes or 1 yard td runs, but I enjoy the big hits and unexpected long bombs way more than that anyways. Since I care about more stuff than the number of touchdowns scored by my fantasy team, redzone channel just plain isn't a good football experience for me.

Then again, no commercials is pretty nice...

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
actually seeing momentum shift and turnovers happen, controversial coaching (and referee) decisions... basically everything that is the actual game of football. I just don't get that with the redzone channel

You make it sound like RedZone is just a highlight channel. The beauty of RedZone is that most of the action is live. You'll still see dozens of incomplete passes and two-yard runs. You get a lot more football than you normally would watching just a single game because there is very little downtime. I don't play fantasy football and I enjoy football for a lot more than just flashy plays, and I absolutely love RedZone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron