NFL MVP

NFL MVP

• Total voters

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
MN has one of the best lines in the NFL. I think Taylor is almost as effective as Peterson. You put Peterson behind an average line and I don't think AP is part of this conversation. He would still be really good but not the "stud" he's made out to be. Many of those holes he's running through I could drive my car through without worry of contact.

How can someone vote for Favre and not A.P.? The Packers have some good offensive threats (Jennings/Grant) to go along with Favre while the Vikings have a bunch of average talent. Everyone knows that the Vikings need A.P. to do well in order to win and they still haven't slowed him down too much. (On a side note, I hate both teams so my opinion is pretty unbiased)

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Unfortunately, I agree as I a Packer fan and fear the days when Favre is gone. It will be a surprise to many GB fans to finally realize how good he is and how average GB may become without him. I hope their youth movement may help and I just hope Rodgers is serviceable.

MN has a great O-line. I think that is their strength. Not saying AP is not awesome, just saying that line has made Taylor look like a MVP. If GB could have MN's line, the GB O would be unstoppable.

I'm a huge Vikings fan, and I cannot agree with you on this. A.D. is great, and will be great for years to come, but he's no MVP. Not over Favre, anyway. The Vikes have proven that they can win without A.D. Take away Favre, and the Pack are a barely better than average team.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Sage Rosenfels....ok I guess I will vote for Brady actually. I love A.D. and think its funny that the MIN was needed just to make sure nobody got him confused with the teddy Bears A.P. Yes A.D. has holes the size of a car to run through, however his greatness takes a 6 yard gain and makes it a 35 yard run for a TD.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Most GMs would take a 21 year old Favre over a 21 year old Brady. Knowing what we know about each of them and how they impacted their teams, no QB has given more than Favre.

Brett Favre is 21 years old??? What rock I am sleeping under???

MVP this year is Brady.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Gotta be the PURPLE JESUS

I would have to agree...

l3498dd730000_1_2153.jpg

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I don't understand why people are saying Green Bay will be average without Favre. One game obviously doesn't make a career, but is everyone forgetting the Green Bay/Dallas game, or did just none of you see it since it was on the network? Aaron Rodgers had outstanding numbers, and I thought he played even better than his numbers indicated. He was down 27-10 on the road against one of the top teams in the NFL, and he led his team back.

I get sick of everyone making arguments of talent around them. Who cares, honestly? The Packers have excellent talent this year.

The way I look at MVP, even though most don't, is what would happen if a player were to be injured. I don't think there's any question that New England would be in more trouble than Green Bay in this instance.

Let the flaming begin.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Anyone could win with the coach and team NE has, but i gotta go with Adran. Minnesota isnt that great without him.