Next ISU President: Wendy Wintersteen

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'm sure shes a real nice lady, but her smile reminds me of Cindy Lou Who.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Is this a good hire?

She’s an in-house known commodity. There shouldn’t be any surprises with this hire. It’s better to go with the evil you know rather than the evil you don’t know.

I will say she’s made some odd decisions that have adversely effected the ag college while pandering to big business. But time will tell.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
How so?

Our USNWR rankings have been dropping the last few years and the spectre of realignment persists. Will she help in these areas?

College of Ag make huge gains under her supervision and she knows Ames and Iowa State. I would think she wants Iowa State to succeed and will work with JP to make sure that happens. Success on the field will build our brand for what’s coming when the TV deals expire.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Wendy,

What are your thoughts on using college athletics as a way to improve the brand of the university. Thanks in advance and I’ll hang up and listen.

Time will tell and what I comment is simply my personal experience and thoughts.

-Wendy has come up through extension and knows what it means to be a land grant school.

-Most of my interactions recently with her have been at ISU sporting events. She gets the front door concept, but must of course take care of the base concepts.

-A few years ago, my son was in China on an ISU scholarship for research and he went missing. Wendy and her other half tracked him down in a medical facility over the weekend.

Summary:
A great choice and give her a chance!
D