News Release from Texas Athletics...

3rdCoastClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2017
Gulf Coast of Texas
The Longhorns are planning on playing a nonconference scheduled this year.

"Texas Athletics is currently preparing for the 2020 Texas Football season to begin on Sept. 5 against USF. We are so excited for a homecoming at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium and can’t wait to see y’all! I want you to know that as we are working toward hosting football games this season, our number one priority remains the health and safety of our student-athletes, staff and fans.

As we continue to work closely with the Governor’s office and follow state guidelines for social distancing, we anticipate seating at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium to be at a reduced capacity. As of today, capacity is limited to 50 percent. This has several important effects that I would like to share:

1. At 50 percent capacity, we anticipate being able to offer all season ticket holders an opportunity for season tickets. Each season ticket holder will be allocated season tickets up to their respective Texas-OU priority limit for each home competition.
  2. There will be a reseating process for the 2020 season only. We are doing our best to place all season ticket holders as close to their usual seats as possible. You will not lose your Loyalty Point status or current seating location for 2021.
  3. If you opt out of season tickets for the 2020 Texas Football season*, you will not lose your Loyalty Point status or current seating location for 2021.
To help us provide the best gameday experience at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium this fall, we would greatly appreciate you sharing your current feelings about attending 2020 Texas Football home games. Please respond to this survey on or before July 24, 2020, and a Texas Athletics staff member will reach out to you to discuss your responses in further detail."
20 July 2020

Last edited:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
As someone who lives in Texas... We're a big Ole bunch of idiots if they have these big events. We're at 7k+ a day in cases and there's so much more room to grow

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I chuckle when anybody makes announcements like this.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The sad thing is that if we were to put some real effort in, that's still possible. If we all just take the next month and wore masks and distances properly, we could still make this happen.

But since everyone's worried about themselves in the here and now, it isn't going to happen.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The 50% capacity predictions are probably not realistic at this point.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Meh, isn't that what every AD has put out in some form? Other than him being really late to the announcements game it's the same something something capacity something something opt out something something state guidelines. If you aren't a Longhorn ticket holder trying to make a call on the season it doesn't mean anything here on July 20th.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The sad thing is that if we were to put some real effort in, that's still possible. If we all just take the next month and wore masks and distances properly, we could still make this happen.

But since everyone's worried about themselves in the here and now, it isn't going to happen.

What's the magic number? I mean there must be some number where below that its a go and above everything gets canceled.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What's the magic number? I mean there must be some number where below that its a go and above everything gets canceled.

I don't see it as a number, but more direction of trend lines. We'd need to see a significant decline in line with what other countries have seen with their recovery. We'd also need to get to a point that we can contract trace outbreaks as they occur.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
You are a know-it all,.....what does your fearless leader tell you?

Answers to everything are so easy in your world.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You are a know-it all,.....what does your fearless leader tell you?

Answers to everything are so easy in your world.

Yes I try to learn as much as possible, so thank you. However I dont need a dear leader as I can make my own decisions. Just pointing out the completely arbitrary nature of these decisions.

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
The 50% capacity predictions are probably not realistic at this point.
I am teaching at a university in Wisconsin this fall. Originally, we planned to offer F2F classes at 50% capacity and were planning accordingly. Now, most of the rooms are going to be down to 15-25% capacity due to the social distancing requirements, etc. I wonder how they will do the six feet spacing recommendation or if they will even try for that. That is a lot of space in a football seating area.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron