New Vball Player??

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Not sure about volleyball, but I thought I read one time that the only sports where the NCAA requires transfers to sit out a year are football and basketball, both men's and women's. But I might be misremembering. Of course, different conferences might have different rules than the NCAA.

Are the transfer rules the same as some other sports where she would have to sit out a year. Somewhat worried about the setter position since JH left and Harris still unproven. Looks like Horner would have 3 years eligibility left.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Was that under the radar, or what! Looks like a great opportunity for ISU and for Horner. She is from Penn State's backyard, terrific volleyball country.

If her coach released her from her scholarship, she probably can play right away. Remember that was what our transfer to Baylor wanted (and didn't get).

Horner has an open twitter account, https://twitter.com/10Shorner, and there are retweets and posts related to her being at ISU, including this one by a Miss St teammate who transferred to OU:

Excited for @10Shorner new collegiate journey AND to get to see her at least 2 times a year☺️ LOVE YA CYCLONE!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Was that under the radar, or what! Looks like a great opportunity for ISU and for Horner. She is from Penn State's backyard, terrific volleyball country.

If her coach released her from her scholarship, she probably can play right away. Remember that was what our transfer to Baylor wanted (and didn't get).

Horner has an open twitter account, https://twitter.com/10Shorner, and there are retweets and posts related to her being at ISU, including this one by a Miss St teammate who transferred to OU:

Excited for @10Shorner new collegiate journey AND to get to see her at least 2 times a year☺️ LOVE YA CYCLONE!

Another surprise? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiZ5hZxCYAAYsSO.jpg:large

lLook who has a walking cast on her foot now! Front row.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Ciara end up having surgery for her lingering foot issues?
It would be disappointing if she missed all of spring ball.

It also sounds like Harris might have a little ways to go in terms of being D1 setter. 6-2 with Goetz & this new girl not out of the question..

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

It also sounds like Harris might have a little ways to go in terms of being D1 setter. 6-2 with Goetz & this new girl not out of the question..

Seems so and it is good to get the issue over now. Just behind Ciara to the left is Bigbee saluting like a Rosie the Riveter WII poster girl. And, way in the back at 6'5" Samara West. I have this image as wallpaper for now.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I believe she did, when I was stalking their twitter about this new player I saw mention of Ciara having surgery. Hopefully she's 100% by August!