New Uniforms?

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I understand that, but you're putting a major color that isn't in the teams color scheme in the design. Would you put black on the helmet instead of white? It would also make the logo stand out, but it doesn't mean it should be done.

Just the take of an old 31 year old man that lived through the blue in helmet scheme, I suppose.

I disagree here. White is a neutral color. We already have white road jerseys, as do most teams.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
White jerseys have nothing to do with the school colors debate. White is specifically in the rules for visitor jerseys. Black (or any other color) is not.

Jersey Color and Design
ARTICLE 5. a. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting
colors. Players on the same team shall wear jerseys of the same color and
design.
1. The visiting team shall wear white jerseys; however, the home team may
wear white jerseys if the teams have agreed in writing before the season.
2. If the home team wears colored jerseys, the visiting team may also
wear colored jerseys, if and only if the following conditions have been
satisfied:
a. The home team has agreed in writing prior to the game; and
b. The conference of the home team certifies that the jersey of the
visiting team is of a contrasting color.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
These are freaking awesome. Not that I follow a lot of college football teams, but I don't know if I recall ever seeing shoulder stripes like that before.

I'm down with this uniform set! Flashy but not horribly ugly like too many uniforms are today. See the Oklahoma State bright orange gear as an example

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I'm pretty sure the poster who mentioned Iowa wearing red uniforms was just being a smart ***** because I said I think ISU's colors would compliment a black uniform well. Iowa would look ridiculous if they actually tried to use red. On the other hand, many teams wear black uniforms even if it's not part of their traditional school colors.

Oh, darn it ya got me.

I HATE teams wearing black when it's not part of their traditional color scheme.

Philadelphia Eagles: hate it.
Nebraska: hate it.
Kansas: hate it.
Washington: hate it.
UCLA: hate it.
Baylor: hate it.
BYU: hate it.
Boise State: hate it.

I understand football is a macho sport, but adding black is just a dumb attempt to look more badass. Gray is even worse. I don't understand the appeal.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Oh, darn it ya got me.

I HATE teams wearing black when it's not part of their traditional color scheme.

Philadelphia Eagles: hate it.
Nebraska: hate it.
Kansas: hate it.
Washington: hate it.
UCLA: hate it.
Baylor: hate it.
BYU: hate it.
Boise State: hate it.

I understand football is a macho sport, but adding black is just a dumb attempt to look more badass. Gray is even worse. I don't understand the appeal.

151731d1397244012-laberthread-macho-man-randy-savage-womens-t-shirt-39992

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
This. Never understood the circlejerk over white helmets on CF.

People want something different every once in a while. The mock ups of the white out uniforms looked good and we're something different.
No one wants only white helmets. People just don't want to see the same thing every time.
It's not like ISU has some great history tied to any uniform it has ever worn. Why not play around with it and have some fun a couple times a year?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm still on board with twitter @CycloneUniforms' concept from April. Its a subtle enough change to make things look new and improved. Add in a couple alternate colors and then you have 64 different kick*** combination possibilities.

Edit: Larger images so lazy people don't have to click thumbnails
BlW6TVqCQAAgplO.jpg:large

BlXQiAVIEAAoTtd.jpg:large

source: https://twitter.com/CycloneUniforms
LOVE these, although I'd stick with the all cardinal or all white. Love the others are well but four different helmets just ain't happenin'.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
If absolutely nothing was changed from the current basic look, I'd at least change the masks to either cardinal or gold.
I've kind of decided I don't like facemasks as a trim color. I'd like the facemask to match the helmet.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Not sure what they would look like but could be cool to see a play of the JT unis on the shoulders. I dont have any kind of editing software to make something so no idea how it would turn out. Just a thought that came to me when looking at the @CycloneUniform concepts.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Not sure what they would look like but could be cool to see a play of the JT unis on the shoulders. I dont have any kind of editing software to make something so no idea how it would turn out. Just a thought that came to me when looking at the @CycloneUniform concepts.
And by stripes on the shoulders I don't mean this:
GetContent1.jpg

Smaller stripes like where the numbers are on the side of the shoulder.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Unbiased comments. The I-State logo is strong. And these unies are nails. I much prefer the yellow pot, followed by the white edition. The gray is brutal.

BlW6TVqCQAAgplO.jpg:large

Last edited:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
BpyriWuCIAEc_kR.jpg

EDIT: @CycloneUniforms

This is mother ******* perfect! The bird is subtle but effective. Not too flashy for the old folks but gives us a perfect white helmet for road games. I would kick kittens for this helmet.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
This is mother ******* perfect! The bird is subtle but effective. Not too flashy for the old folks but gives us a perfect white helmet for road games. I would kick kittens for this helmet.

I'm not a fan of white helmets. But that was funny. Mean, but funny.

Also not a fan of the whirly bird in any incarnation (I know it's a secondary), but I do like that effect on the helmet. Perhaps more of the old cyclone logo from the 80's to early 90's

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm not a fan of white helmets. But that was funny. Mean, but funny.

Also not a fan of the whirly bird in any incarnation (I know it's a secondary), but I do like that effect on the helmet. Perhaps more of the old cyclone logo from the 80's to early 90's

I've always wanted the Cyclone back in some manner, like this behind the I state logo or as a patch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron