New Uniforms?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Welcome to the internet. It's mostly jerks. CF is better than a lot of places out there but you still have to take every post with a grain of salt. I've noticed that it's mostly just fat married dudes looking for a place to vent so they don't strangle their kids.

Ha ha! No kids yet and I weigh a buck fifty, but you're probably right about some other posters.

Why do I have to be nice to Kinnick-section-whatever??

Last edited:

cyclonebillski

Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
6a00e54f7fc4c58833010535f1f71c970b-450wi.jpg

Yeah I really don't see the similarity :jimlad:

3ofzvk.jpg

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
I probably will get hated on for saying this but the throw back jerseys are awful imo. Give me some all white jerseys

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I probably will get hated on for saying this but the throw back jerseys are awful imo. Give me some all white jerseys
I really think that the next "fad" is going to be simple and plain.

I really think the MSU ones look cool or the ND ones with just the logo on the sleeves.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
i think what we have now is towards the bottom of the conference if not dead last. I enjoyed our throw backs and I miss our cardinal pants when playing away games.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
Welcome to the internet. It's mostly jerks. CF is better than a lot of places out there but you still have to take every post with a grain of salt. I've noticed that it's mostly just fat married dudes looking for a place to vent so they don't strangle their kids.

Anyway, back to your original post. It really is a stretch for ISU to go with black unis. Personally, I think most black unis look pretty weak anyway. Either way, we would be arguing over a personal preference. If we went with non-traditional uniform colors, you might be able to talk be into a dark gray...

okst-11-12-allgrey-richardrowe-620x885.jpg

I agree that dark grey could be a good look. I hope everyone realizes I'm simply talking about an alternate uniform combination. I'm not talking about a permanent switch for a home or away jersey. Plenty of teams utilize all black or all grey combos for one or two games of the season. I'm willing to bet if ISU did it then a ton of fans would think they are bad *****. I'm sure players would as well. They get excited about wearing unique jerseys. It's the way it is.

I feel the same way about Iowa. I love the traditional Iowa uniforms, and I don't want them to go anywhere. However, I don't see why Kirk can't bend a little bit and allow a unique uniform for a couple games of the season. On Black Out games let them wear an all black combination. All that would require is some black pants and maybe a new helmet concept. If it's something the players enjoy, and you can sell it to recruits then I don't get why you wouldn't consider it.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
1. Whoever says we don't look like USC makes me laugh. Looking at you, CyDude16.

2. Our colors are cardinal and gold. No more of this mustard yellow stuff. The gold like the SF 49ers would be nice.

3. Our Cyclone mascot is unique to sports unlike the typical Bulldogs, Wildcats, etc. We should have unique uniforms that can exploit the uniqueness of being the Cyclones.

4. I'm not a big fan of the grey facemasks.

5. A change is needed if AD JP wants to build the ISU brand. Watching the NFL draft this year I thought USC was ISU multiple times.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
1. Whoever says we don't look like USC makes me laugh. Looking at you, CyDude16.

2. Our colors are cardinal and gold. No more of this mustard yellow stuff. The gold like the SF 49ers would be nice.

3. Our Cyclone mascot is unique to sports unlike the typical Bulldogs, Wildcats, etc. We should have unique uniforms that can exploit the uniqueness of being the Cyclones.

4. I'm not a big fan of the grey facemasks.

5. A change is needed if AD JP wants to build the ISU brand. Watching the NFL draft this year I thought USC was ISU multiple times.

That was my issue when the rebrand happened. The inital mock ups showed a dark gold (sort of like the throwback pants ISU wore this past season). That is what I was hoping ISU would go with, but then they rolled out the yellow pants and that dream died.

Evidently several analysts thuoght that ISU was USC as well.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
That was my issue when the rebrand happened. The inital mock ups showed a dark gold (sort of like the throwback pants ISU wore this past season). That is what I was hoping ISU would go with, but then they rolled out the yellow pants and that dream died.

Not to mention there was literally several different shades of red in the stands. My family had Cyclone shirts that were all different shades of red. Like the school couldn't decide what color of red to be. It looked ridiculous. It seems like they have addressed that problem now.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Not to mention there was literally several different shades of red in the stands. My family had Cyclone shirts that were all different shades of red. Like the school couldn't decide what color of red to be. It looked ridiculous. It seems like they have addressed that problem now.

In your family's defense, the shade of red changed when the I-State logo came out. It took a few years to get the majority of people to wear the new color.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

It's like Nike forgot to make ISU's gold pants so they went to their USC warehouse and just sent us their extras.