New Uniforms Revealed

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Link?

Not because I think you're making the thing about Fox up, but because I want to see if it was either (1.) an online fan poll, the sort that can be fun and drive discussions but ultimately doesn't mean anything or (2.) the opinion of one particular sportswriter, which is no way a final settlement on the matter.

I would find neither methodology very convincing.

If Ohio State jumped off a bridge...

BFBS is a tired trend at this point, and many professional franchises have walked away from it.* It is fine if you like it, and Campbell is calling those shots, but Iowa State is cardinal and gold.

*Such as...

NFL = Lions back to blue/silver, 49ers dropping that hideous black jersey

MLB = Royals back to blue and powder blue, Blue Jays back to their blue/red World Series uniforms, Reds back to red, Mets back to blue/orange, A's back to green/gold, Astros back to navy/orange
It wasn't FOX, but here's a link to what I believe he was referring to...

Side note: We also got #10 Nike uniform and #5 best Whiteout uniform that season.

Reactions: Cycho1

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It wasn't FOX, but here's a link to what I believe he was referring to...

Side note: We also got #10 Nike uniform and #5 best Whiteout uniform that season.

So basically a dude with a Twitter account with <10,000 followers?

1664490551572.png

Yeah, I'm not sure that particular court has the right to make final rulings on this issue.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I thought I’d like the volleyball uniforms, but I really don’t.
Everybody has been putting their school colors, plus white sometimes, in with a black combo. That is what you get. In a previous post I described it (or similar) as a bit gaudy. I still feel that way.

That's why I think whoever designed our alternate blacks did a fine job. It's unique, and pretty good as is.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I remember the Oregon unis with the steel tread shoulders. That was back when Nike Pro Combat was rolling out unique alternates for several schools.

FSU does a black “UNCONQUERED” uniform that looks pretty good because they incorporate the garnet and gold into it.
I am surprised Miami didn't have black and white stripes

Reactions: Spanky