New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Did we decide we're not using black anymore?
Seeing that we probably played one of our worst games under Campbell wearing black this year I don't think we will see them for a bit this season. The staff seems a bit superstitious when it comes to uni combos. Surprised we didn't go with W/C/C since iirc ISU is undefeated in that combo. Must be saving that for Texas.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Seeing that we probably played one of our worst games under Campbell wearing black this year I don't think we will see them for a bit this season. The staff seems a bit superstitious when it comes to uni combos. Surprised we didn't go with W/C/C since iirc ISU is undefeated in that combo. Must be saving that for Texas.

it wasn’t the all black uniform against iowa.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Guessing we'll see all-black against WVU.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
That doesn't rule it out does it? I know white is the default away jersey, but so long as the home team picks first and the away team has enough difference in color we can choose any uni right?
No. It is usually school color jersey vs white jersey. It needs agreeded up by both schools and maybe even conference to do a color vs color game. USC and UCLA have done it regularly.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
That doesn't rule it out does it? I know white is the default away jersey, but so long as the home team picks first and the away team has enough difference in color we can choose any uni right?

I think the home team has to agree to it but not sure, but yeah doesn't completely rule it out but as much chance as seeing those black unis vs WVU as we have playing in the CFP

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I believe the home team has to decide before the season that they are going to wear white at home and notify the conference and other team. After that there may be a clause for another agreement between teams/conference. But as we saw with the tents and Baylor a few years ago, if it is not applied for before the season with the conference, all bets are off.