New Uniforms Revealed

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
I hear ya. I'll get that no gold between the tornado lines for you soon!

I was just kiddin anyway! Remember I'm pushing for the white numbered cardinal jersey also, if done right. AND a gold numbered one. We could easily do that, carry two.

Remember or consider this. If we remove even more gold from our uniforms, ie, go to white numbers only on cardinal jersey, and say we never adopt a gold option, then what? Say coach decides to keep the same bland style, no pant stripes, no accents. We would have even less gold than when we started. :(

I'd love to say that we'll do it my way, or your way, but that may never happen.
I think at least getting uniforms with stripes on the helmet/pants Would go a long way. The ISTATE logo is likely here for good which is okay although the orrnado is so timeless. The key for me is a white helmet and absolutely no yellow pants like we had during the Rhodes era lol

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
At first I liked the all-cardinal. I still like it in theory but our current look is not good. View attachment 73597 I can understand some not liking the cardinal crush altogether, especially like this.

Then we expect this base look to work with a variety of other combos. It does not, at least not nearly as well as it could.

I'm not saying my current design(s) is the way to go View attachment 73598 View attachment 73599 ...but I definitely think we need to add/revert back to our '67-'82 gold. That would be a start. Then add a bit of white, black, gold accent here and there to make it all work, especially if wanting to do combos.

So you want to look like the Chiefs?

73-738509_kansas-city-chiefs-new-york-jets-home-uniform.png

Maybe I'm in the minority, but not a fan. I did our current solids, and the various combos they've trotted out. Love any time they incorporate the black, including the bowl game.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
What would you have thought if we had rolled these out vs Notre Dame? View attachment 73607 View attachment 73608

I like stripes on the pants.... (wish we had stripes on the helmet too). But, our current uni set doesn't have that option. So, I actually think no stripes on the pants works since we don't have stripes on the helmet either.

Our black helmet should only be used for the BLACK OUT games, IMO.

Wish we would have been WCW vs. ND. Would have looked a hell a lot better.

As for logos and such, I LOVE the I-State logo. ISU finally has a traditional looking logo. It should be the main-mark forever. Use the orr-nado for pride stickers or whatever.

Reactions: clonedude and Cy37

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
I like stripes on the pants.... (wish we had stripes on the helmet too). But, our current uni set doesn't have that option. So, I actually think no stripes on the pants works since we don't have stripes on the helmet either.

Agreed, black helmet for black out games only. The Istate logo should be a cardinal stencil version and the numbers should be cardinal as well

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
... The Istate logo should be a cardinal stencil version and the numbers should be cardinal as well
That is pretty vague. Could you be more specific?

Are you talking about on a cardinal helmet and cardinal jersey? If so I don't get it. If not what color helmet and jersey are you referring to? I'm thinking you are talking about an all-black here?

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
That is pretty vague. Could you be more specific?

Are you talking about on a cardinal helmet and cardinal jersey? If so I don't get it. If not what color helmet and jersey are you referring to? I'm thinking you are talking about an all-black here?
Black helmet, red (cardinal) IState logo stencil. The stencil logo similar to our chrome helmets.

Red (cardinal) numbers

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Our black helmet should only be used for the BLACK OUT games, IMO. Well OK. I kind of like it but it needs black (and gold/white) accents elsewhere to make it work. Coach likes it so I think it's here to stay.

Wish we would have been WCW vs. ND. Would have looked a hell a lot better. It looked pretty good on many of the players, the last the last time we used it in 2018 vs. TTech. The black collar then actually helped it. I thought it looked unexciting and bland for the most part though. It does have the potential however to be one our best looks.

As for logos and such, I LOVE the I-State logo. ISU finally has a traditional looking logo. It should be the main-mark forever. Use the orr-nado for pride stickers or whatever.[/QUOTE]Ageed, no argument from me. I am still posting versions of the Ornado on the helmet because I can and I like it as an alternate logo. I'm not willing to give up on it quite yet. Hopefully you can bear with me. :)

Reactions: WalkingCY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Black helmet, red (cardinal) IState logo stencil. The stencil logo similar to our chrome helmets.

Red (cardinal) numbers
Gotch ya.

Yeah some might like more red in the black jersey like red numbers. That would totally change the look though. You couldn't really do a total all-black again. Then probably many more of us would hate that. o_O Haha.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So you want to look like the Chiefs? Well maybe? For one game per year, the cardinal crush, white numbers, white socks, no white facemask though. Yeah!

Still 5 more home games and 6 Away so I'm not worried about looking too much like the Chiefs.

73-738509_kansas-city-chiefs-new-york-jets-home-uniform.png

Maybe I'm in the minority, but not a fan. I did our current solids, and the various combos they've trotted out. Love any time they incorporate the black, including the bowl game.
Comment above.

And just for clarity (I'm actually interested in what other people think) did you mean "I LIKE our current solids, and the various combos they've trotted out."?? If so, that's cool.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Comment above.

And just for clarity (I'm actually interested in what other people think) did you mean "I LIKE our current solids, and the various combos they've trotted out."?? If so, that's cool.

Yeah, sorry, meant to say I DIG the solids & combos we've had recently.

At this point I'd be happy to see ANY uniform trot out there this year (even if it has blue :p).

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

As for logos and such, I LOVE the I-State logo. ISU finally has a traditional looking logo. It should be the main-mark forever. Use the orr-nado for pride stickers or whatever.

I like the black helmets with red unis we've done a couple times.

Wasn't a fan of the W-B-W for the TCU game. Go all in on one blackout game each season (preferably prime time night game like we've been doing)

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
I like the black helmets with red unis we've done a couple times.

Wasn't a fan of the W-B-W for the TCU game. Go all in on one blackout game each season (preferably prime time night game like we've been doing)

The inverse of this logo on a black helmet would look amazing. Crazy that they don’t sell merchandise like this.

Throw this logo in white on a black shirt and I’d buy it in a second.

Attachments

• 808F338E-6653-42AA-885D-8859D841D4A6.jpeg
    808F338E-6653-42AA-885D-8859D841D4A6.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The I-State logo is good, not great, but it's here to stay. But that doesn't mean we can't use retro logos from time to time. I also think the I-State logo needs a touch-up. It looks a little cheap and corny. I'm no graphic designer, so not sure what needs to change, but I never buy gear with the I-State logo (unless it's small) for that reason.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
The I-State logo is good, not great, but it's here to stay. But that doesn't mean we can't use retro logos from time to time. I also think the I-State logo needs a touch-up. It looks a little cheap and corny. I'm no graphic designer, so not sure what needs to change, but I never buy gear with the I-State logo (unless it's small) for that reason.
A couple of touched-up I-State logo ideas — bevels removed / simplified overall. Iowa State Cyclones 01 small.jpg
IMG_4803.jpg

Reactions: Tailg8er and Cy37

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
I love the top helmet, but I'll pass on the bottom helmet. Cardinal/red and yellow/gold with nothing else is just an ugly combo imo. I love Iowa State, but we weren't blessed with the best colors.
I created the bottom helmet for the game against Akron in '18 in memory of Celia, hence the gold/yellow. The use of red/cardinal along with it (and no white, etc.) was done to keep it all predominantly gold/yellow (her favorite color).

I agree that the top helmet and its adjustment of the I-State logo is the stronger design of these two.

I will be creating a version of the bottom one with a cardinal helmet / gold logo sometime soon.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Our black helmet should only be used for the BLACK OUT games, IMO. Well OK. I kind of like it but it needs black (and gold/white) accents elsewhere to make it work. Coach likes it so I think it's here to stay.

Wish we would have been WCW vs. ND. Would have looked a hell a lot better. It looked pretty good on many of the players, the last the last time we used it in 2018 vs. TTech. The black collar then actually helped it. I thought it looked unexciting and bland for the most part though. It does have the potential however to be one our best looks.

Ageed, no argument from me. I am still posting versions of the Ornado on the helmet because I can and I like it as an alternate logo. I'm not willing to give up on it quite yet. Hopefully you can bear with me. :)[/QUOTE]
Sorry @WalkingCY, that quote of yours, by me, somehow got messed up. But I see you figured it out.! tn

Reactions: WalkingCY